The No. 13 North Carolina Tar Heels (7-1) will be at home in Dean E. Smith Center when they challenge the Tulane Green Wave (4-1). Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 3, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Tulane Green Wave vs. North Carolina Tar Heels Odds Preview
In the Green Wave’s last contest, they defeated the Alcorn State Braves, 81-65. Cameron Reynolds was the games high scorer with 28 points on 8-for-16 shooting. The Green Wave made 17 of their 24 free throws (70.8 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.604 (above their season average of 0.543).
The Tar Heels will look to maintain momentum after defeating the Davidson Wildcats in their last game, 85-75. North Carolina was led by Luke Maye, who finished with 24 points and 17 rebounds. The Tar Heels, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.1, had an extraordinary mark of 50.0 and had a better free throw rate (0.235 vs. 0.141).
North Carolina could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense goes up against one of the nation’s worst defenses. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Tar Heels rank 15th in offensive efficiency, while Tulane ranks 293rd in defensive efficiency.
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Games featuring Tulane have finished under 100.0 percent of the time, while North Carolina games have finished over 57.1 percent of the time. Both teams have phenomenal straight up (SU) records (4-1 for Tulane; 7-1 for North Carolina), but the Green Wave have the edge against the spread (ATS). Tulane is 3-1 ATS, while the Tar Heels are 4-3.
The Tar Heels won the sole contest against the Green Wave last season, 95-75. The Tar Heels played a nearly perfect game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.261 and a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 46.2. For those same stats, the Green Wave put up marks of 0.181 and 33.3, respectively.
Tulane Green Wave vs. North Carolina Tar Heels Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Carolina, ATS Winner – North Carolina, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Green Wave rank 116th in three pointers allowed per game (20.4) while the Tar Heels rank 295th (24.2).
- North Carolina averages 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 104th in the nation. Tulane ranks 157th in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- North Carolina averages 43.7 rebounds per game, which ranks third in the NCAA. Tulane ranks 269th in rebounds allowed per game (37.7).
- The Green Wave rank 59th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Tar Heels rank 267th in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- North Carolina ranks fourth in assists per game (18.0) while Tulane ranks 184th (13.3).