The Houston Cougars (18-5, 8-3 AAC) can prolong a 10-game home winning streak when they meet the Tulane Green Wave (13-10, 4-7 AAC) at Health & PE Center. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 11, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Tulane Green Wave at Houston Cougars Betting Preview
The last time the Green Wave played, they lost a close one to the Tulsa Golden Hurricane, 91-89. Cameron Reynolds put together a good game for Tulane, finishing with 17 points and 10 rebounds. Tulsa did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (29-40; 72.5 percent). Tulane, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 10.6 (better than their season average of 17.0).
The Cougars hope to keep it rolling after beating the SMU Mustangs in their last outing, 67-58. With 23 points on 7-for-9 shooting, Armoni Brooks was the top scorer from either team. Houston played a flawless game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 36.7 (above their season average of 34.2) and a free throw rate of 0.196 (below their season average of 0.227). SMU was 21.9 and 0.118, respectively, for those same stats.
Houston appears to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Cougars rank 49th in offensive efficiency, while the Green Wave rank 193rd in defensive efficiency.
Of Tulane’s 18 games with betting action, nine have finished over the projected point total, while 11 of Houston’s 19 games have finished under the O/U total. The Cougars come into this game with a significant advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 18-5 SU and 10-9 ATS, while the Green Wave are 13-10 SU and 8-10 ATS.
Corey Davis Jr. has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Houston, averaging 16.4 points and 1.4 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 153 points, just over the projected point total of 150. The Green Wave won 81-72, covering as 7-point underdogs. Getting to the free throw line was one of Tulane’s biggest advantages. They made 32 trips to the line, while Houston went 22 times. In the loss, Rob Gray led all scorers with 24 points.
Tulane Green Wave vs. Houston Cougars Odds Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Tulane, ATS Winner – Tulane, O/U – Under
- The Green Wave rank 44th in assists per game (16.1) while the Cougars rank 93rd (14.9).
- On the road, Tulane is 5-5 ATS with 6 unders and 4 overs.
- Houston is 5-2 ATS at home with 5 unders and 2 overs.
- Houston averages 39.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 31st in the nation. Tulane ranks 216th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- The Green Wave rank 38th in blocks per game (4.5) while the Cougars rank 119th (3.3).
- Houston ranks 121st in steals per game (6.3) while Tulane ranks 180th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Houston is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Tulane is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Cougars average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.0, down from 11.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Green Wave have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (1.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.2 points per game (5.6 above their season average).