The Texas State Bobcats (9-7, 2-1 SBC) will attempt to lengthen a six-game home winning streak when they take on the Troy Trojans (7-9, 1-2 SBC) at Strahan Coliseum. Action gets underway at 5:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
Troy Trojans vs. Texas State Bobcats Odds Preview
In the Trojans last game, they were beaten by the UT Arlington Mavericks, 86-76. Troy’s Alex Hicks had a good game, leading the team in scoring with 21 points on 8-for-12 shooting. UT Arlington had an effective field goal percentage of 0.590 (above their season average of 0.524). Troy, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.226 vs. 0.104).
The Bobcats hope to maintain momentum after narrowly defeating the South Alabama Jaguars in their last contest, 72-69. With 18 points on 6-for-9 shooting, Alex Peacock was Texas State’s high scorer. The Bobcats had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 41.7 (above their season average of 33.5) and had a better turnover percentage (17.2 vs. 19.8).
The offensive glass should be a major advantage for Texas State in this showdown. The Bobcats are among the nations elite on the offensive glass, ranking 64th in offensive rebounding percentage at 34.0 percent. Meanwhile, Troy ranks 255th in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 69.3 percent.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Bobcats won two out of three matchups last season. In the last matchup, Troy won 59-53. The Trojans played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 6.8 and a great free throw rate of 0.267. The Bobcats were 24.8 and 0.146, respectively, for those same stats.
Troy Trojans at Texas State Bobcats ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Troy, ATS Winner – Troy, O/U – Under
- The Bobcats rank 145th in assists per game (13.8) while the Trojans rank 151st in assists allowed per game (13.9).
- Troy ranks 37th in three pointers attempted per game (26.6) while Texas State ranks 247th (18.1).
- The Bobcats rank ninth in rebounds allowed per game (29.8) while the Trojans rank 175th (36.4).
- Troy ranks 31st in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Texas State ranks 114th (3.9).
- The Bobcats average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.8, up from 7.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trojans have scored an average of 75.4 points per game (2.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (1.3 above their season average).