The Austin Peay Governors (4-6) will be at home in Winfield Dunn Center when they go head-to-head with the Troy Trojans (5-6). Troy opened as a 1.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 145.5 points. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Troy Trojans at Austin Peay Governors ATS Preview
In the Trojans last matchup, they were blown out by the Arkansas Razorbacks, 88-63. Troy’s Alex Hicks had a solid performance, putting up 16 points and 10 rebounds. Arkansas had a turnover percentage of 7.7 (better than their season average of 13.1). Troy, on the other hand, did a great job of getting and making free throws (19-25; 76.0 percent).
The Governors are trying to rebound after their 78-74 loss to the Evansville Aces in their last matchup. Terry Taylor was the games high scorer with 30 points on 12-for-17 shooting. Evansville did an excellent job of making free throws (26-32; 81.3 percent). Austin Peay, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 14.1 (better than their season average of 19.8).
The offensive glass should be a huge edge for Austin Peay in this battle. The Governors are among the nations elite on the offensive glass, ranking 51st in offensive rebounding percentage at 35.2 percent. Meanwhile, Troy ranks 241st in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 69.7 percent.
Of Troy’s 9 games with betting action, five have finished under the projected point total, while 3 of Austin Peay’s 6 games have finished over the projected point total. The Trojans have the superior straight up (SU) record (5-6 vs. 4-6), but the Governors hold the clear advantage against the spread (ATS) (5-1 vs. 4-5).
Wesley Person has been impressive over the last five games for Troy, averaging 23.6 points per game.
Troy Trojans at Austin Peay Governors Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Troy, ATS Winner – Troy, O/U – Over
- The Trojans rank 45th in blocks per game (4.7) while the Governors rank 112th (3.2).
- Austin Peay averages 35.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 158th in the NCAA. Troy ranks 191st in rebounds allowed per game (37.2).
- Austin Peay is 1-0 ATS at home, while Troy is 3-4 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 5 of the Trojans 7 road games, while 1 of the Governors 1 home games have gone over.
- Troy ranks 21st in three pointers attempted per game (27.9) while Austin Peay ranks 256th (15.7).
- The Governors rank 13th in steals per game (9.5) while the Trojans rank 140th (5.8).
- Austin Peay ranks 42nd in assists allowed per game (11.6) while Troy ranks 124th (13.6).
- Austin Peay is 4-0 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Troy is 1-3 ATS with 3 overs and 1 under.
- The Governors average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.6, down from 4.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trojans have scored an average of 78.8 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.4 points per game (5.3 above their season average).