The Elon Phoenix (9-5, 1-0 CAA) can continue a seven-game home winning streak when they clash with the Towson Tigers (8-4, 0-1 CAA) at Alumni Gym. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 135 points with Towson set as a 2-point favorite. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
Towson Tigers at Elon Phoenix Odds Preview
In the Tigers last outing, they were beaten by the Charleston Cougars, 73-62. With 20 points on 9-for-15 shooting, Eddie Keith II led Towson in scoring. Charleston did an excellent job of making free throws (22-28; 78.6 percent). Towson, on the other hand, held the Cougars to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.5 (below their season average of 24.8).
The Phoenix come in on a high note after defeating the Drexel Dragons in their last outing, 90-75. Elon was led by Tyler Seibring, who put up 19 points and 12 rebounds. The Phoenix made 20 of their 22 free throws (90.9 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.614 (above their season average of 0.521).
The offense of Elon (185th in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 105.4) will go head-to-head against the elite defense of Towson (64th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 95.8). The Tigers should have the advantage on that end of the court. ,
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games including Towson have finished under 66.7 percent of the time, while 70.0 percent of Elon games have finished over. Both teams have solid straight up (SU) records (8-4 for Towson; 9-5 for Elon), but the Tigers have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Towson is 5-4 ATS, while the Phoenix are 3-7.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. The Tigers won the most recent contest 85-66. The Tigers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 34.2 and a turnover percentage of 12.0. For those same stats, the Phoenix had marks of 19.4 and 15.7, respectively.
Towson Tigers vs. Elon Phoenix ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Towson, ATS Winner – Towson, O/U – Over
- The Phoenix rank 56th in assists per game (15.9) while the Tigers rank 66th in assists allowed per game (11.9).
- Towson is 5-4 ATS on the road, while Elon is 2-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 6 of the Tigers 9 road games, while 3 of the Phoenix’s 3 home games have gone over.
- Elon ranks eighth in three pointers attempted per game (30.9) while Towson ranks 205th (19.8).
- The Tigers average 38.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 55th in the NCAA. The Phoenix rank 210th in rebounds allowed per game (38.4).
- Towson ranks 39th in blocks per game (4.8) while Elon ranks 184th (2.1).
- Elon is 2-2 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Towson is 0-3 ATS with 2 overs and 1 under.
- The Phoenix have been outscored by an average of 3.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Elon has defeated opponents by an average of 1.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 73.4 points per game (3.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.2 points per game (8.8 above their season average).