The fifth-ranked Virginia Cavaliers, 25-point favorites, welcome the Towson Tigers to John Paul Jones Arena to commence their seasons. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 130 points and it can be seen on ACC Network at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
Towson Tigers vs. Virginia Cavaliers Betting Odds
After a 31-2 regular season campaign, Virginia made the tournament as a top seed in the tournament last season. They lost in the First Round to the UMBC Retrievers. Towson, meanwhile, failed to reach the tournament following an 18-14 regular season campaign.
The Tigers were 18-14 straight up (SU) last season, but had a hard time covering the spread (14-11-1 against the spread (ATS)). Vegas was highly precise when setting the O/U total of Towson games last year, with an even split between overs and unders.
Meanwhile, the Cavaliers were 31-2 SU and 18-14 ATS last season. Of Virginia’s 32 games with betting action last year, 20 finished under the O/U total.
Virginia figures to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Cavaliers ranked third in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.443), while Towson was 128th in effective field goal percentage (0.522) in the 2017-18 season. Also, the Tigers ranked 15th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.2 percent), while the Cavaliers ranked 54th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.4 percent).
Towson Tigers vs. Virginia Cavaliers Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Virginia, ATS Winner – Virginia, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Towson ranks 57th in rebounds per game (38.1) while Virginia ranks 291st (32.4).
- The Tigers rank 44th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Cavaliers rank 108th (3.6).
- Virginia ranks 259th in three pointers attempted per game (19.0) while Towson ranks 279th (18.2).
- The Cavaliers rank first in assists allowed per game (9.1) while the Tigers rank 135th (13.1).
- Virginia ranks second in steals allowed per game (3.8) while Towson ranks 85th (5.7).