The Toronto Raptors (3-2), 2-point underdogs, will travel to Capital One Arena to clash against the Washington Wizards (2-3) in game six of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The Raptors advance to the Eastern Conference Semifinals with a win. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 214.5 points and action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, April 27, 2018.
Toronto Raptors at Washington Wizards Betting Odds
In game five, Valanciunas led the Raptors to a 108-98 win. He registered a double-double with 14 points and 13 rebounds. Toronto covered as a 7-point favorite and the two teams combined to score 206 points, which was under the projected point total of 216.5. The Raptors’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Wizards. Toronto had a rate of 9.6, while Washington posted a mark of 13.1.
The high-powered offense of Toronto (third in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 111.5) will clash against the mid-tier defense of Washington (15th in the league with a defensive efficiency of 106.9). The Raptors figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
A little over half of the Raptors’ games have finished over the O/U total. Toronto comes into the contest with records of 62-25 straight up (SU) and 47-40 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Toronto, just over half of Wizards games have finished under the total. Additionally, Washington owns records of 45-42 SU and 38-47-2 ATS.
John Wall has been playing at a high level recently for Washington, averaging 27.2 points, 12.8 assists, 5.2 rebounds, 2.8 steals and 1.4 blocks over the last five games.
Toronto Raptors vs. Washington Wizards Free Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Over
- Toronto ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (32.7) while Washington ranks 24th (26.2).
- The Raptors rank ninth in points off turnovers per game (17.1) while the Wizards rank 19th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.1).
- Toronto averages 12.8 second chance points per game, which ranks 12th in the league. Washington ranks 17th in second chance points allowed per game (12.9).
- Washington ranks 14th in fast break points per game (12.0) while Toronto ranks 16th in fast break points allowed per game (12.0).
- The Raptors rank second in blocks per game (6.1) while the Wizards rank 21st (4.3).
- The Raptors average 24.3 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Wizards rank 10th in assists allowed per game (22.4).
- Toronto averages 48.6 points in the paint per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. Washington ranks 18th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.6).
- When allowing under 100 points, Toronto is 29-5 and Washington is 20-4.
- When scoring more than 100 points, the Raptors are 56-16 and the Wizards are 42-22.
- Toronto is 22-21 ATS on the road, while Washington is 17-24-2 ATS at home.
- In 43 road games, the Raptors have 23 overs and 20 unders.
- The Wizards have 21 overs, 20 unders and 2 pushes in 43 home games.
- In their last five games, Toronto and Washington have both had 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Raptors are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Wizards are 2-3.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 110.6 points per game (1.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 110.2 points per game (6.0 above their season average).
- The Wizards have been outscored by an average of 0.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Washington has defeated opponents by an average of 0.5 points.