The Washington Wizards (18-25) will have their chance to bring down the NBA’s top team when they take on the Toronto Raptors (32-12) at Capital One Arena. The game is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 13, 2019.
Toronto Raptors vs. Washington Wizards ATS Odds
Both teams covered in their last game. The Wizards (2-point underdogs) defeated the Milwaukee Bucks 113-106, while the Raptors (10-point favorite) beat the Brooklyn Nets 122-105. The Washington game finished 8.5 points under the projected point total of 227.5, while the Toronto game went 2 points over the projected point total of 225.
Toronto dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 7.2 (better than their season average of 11.9) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.4 (below their season average of 22.8). For those same stats, Brooklyn was 14.4 and 17.6, respectively. Meanwhile, Washington’s 0.183 free throw rate was their largest strength over Milwaukee, who had a mark of 0.146. The Wizards’ mark was below their season average of 0.207, while the Bucks’ was below their season average of 0.193. Bradley Beal was a key piece for Washington with 32 points, seven assists and five rebounds. Kawhi Leonard, meanwhile had a solid performance for Toronto, putting up 20 points and 11 rebounds.
In their two contests this year, the Raptors have won both. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to score 232 points, just over the projected point total of 230.5. Toronto won 125-107, covering as an 11-point favorite. Toronto’s 0.586 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Washington, who had a mark of 0.445. Leonard put up a double-double in the victory with 27 points and 10 rebounds.
This game should be a matchup of contrasting paces. Washington likes to play quickly (sixth in possessions per game), while Toronto is methodical (19th in possessions per game). Furthermore, the sharp-shooting offense of the Raptors ranks fifth in effective field goal percentage (0.538), while the Wizards are fourth-worst in the league at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.540).
Raptors at Wizards Betting Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Under
- The Raptors average 24.2 assists per game, which ranks 16th in the league. The Wizards rank 26th in assists allowed per game (25.7).
- Toronto ranks third in fast break points per game (18.5) while Washington ranks 22nd in fast break points allowed per game (14.8).
- The Raptors rank 16th in rebounds allowed per game (44.7) while the Wizards rank 29th (47.8).
- Toronto ranks fifth in steals allowed per game (7.2) while Washington ranks 17th (7.9).
- Toronto averages 49.9 points in the paint per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. Washington ranks 20th in points allowed in the paint per game (49.9).
- The Raptors average 13.3 second chance points per game, which ranks 14th in the league. The Wizards rank 29th in second chance points allowed per game (15.0).
- The Raptors average 33.0 three pointers per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. The Wizards rank 21st in three pointers allowed per game (32.7).
- Toronto ranks seventh in blocks per game (5.5) while Washington ranks 13th in blocks allowed per game (4.7).
- Toronto averages 17.9 points off turnovers per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. Washington ranks 23rd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.6).
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Toronto is 8-1 and Washington is 5-0.
- The Wizards are 18-20 when they score more than 100 points, while the Raptors are 29-9.
- Toronto is 10-11-1 ATS on the road, while Washington is 10-8-1 ATS at home.
- The Raptors have 12 overs and 10 unders in 22 road games.
- In 19 home games, the Wizards have 13 overs and 6 unders.
- The Wizards are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Raptors are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Washington has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Toronto has 4 overs and 1 under.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 115.2 points per game (2.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 111.4 points per game (4.9 below their season average).
- The Raptors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.0, down from 5.6 for the season.