Atlantic Division foes will collide when the Philadelphia 76ers (14-16) go head-to-head against the Toronto Raptors (21-8) at Wells Fargo Center. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 21, 2017, and it can be seen on CTV Sportsnet Toronto.
Toronto Raptors vs. Philadelphia 76ers ATS Preview
In the Raptors last contest, they dismantled the Charlotte Hornets, 129-111. DeMar DeRozan was Toronto’s high scorer with 28 points on 10-for-15 shooting. The Raptors had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.626 (above their season average of 0.546) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.4 (above their season average of 21.9).
The 76ers are trying to rebound after their 101-95 loss to the Sacramento Kings in their last outing. With 13 points, 12 rebounds and nine assists, Ben Simmons played well for Philadelphia. Sacramento had a much better turnover percentage (10.6 vs. 17.2). Philadelphia, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.2 vs. 18.4).
The offense of Philadelphia (17th in the league with an offensive efficiency of 104.6) will face off against the top-notch defense of Toronto (sixth in the league with a defensive efficiency of 102.9). The Raptors should have the edge on that side of the ball. Ball protection should be an advantage for the Raptors. They rank 5th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.2 percent), while the 76ers force the fifth-fewest turnovers in the NBA (opponents turnover percentage of 13.3 percent).
Of Toronto’s 28 games that accepted bets, 15 have finished under the O/U total, while 16 of Philadelphia’s 30 games have finished over the O/U total. The Raptors have the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (21-8 vs. 14-16), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. Toronto is 16-12 ATS, while Philadelphia is 16-14 ATS.
Dario Saric has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Philadelphia, averaging 17.4 points, 8.8 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 222 points in that game, which was just over the projected point total of 219.5. The Raptors won 128-94, covering as 9-point favorites. The Raptors played a flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.0 and an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.348. The 76ers put up marks of 17.0 and 0.268, respectively, for those same stats. DeRozan was the games top overall scorer with 30 points.
Toronto Raptors vs. Philadelphia 76ers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Over
- The 76ers rank second in second chance points per game (14.8) while the Raptors rank 22nd in second chance points allowed per game (13.4).
- Toronto ranks fifth in fast break points per game (14.9) while Philadelphia ranks 19th (9.5).
- Toronto ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (25.9) while Philadelphia ranks 22nd (30.1).
- Philadelphia ranks third in assists per game (26.4) while Toronto ranks 10th in assists allowed per game (21.8).
- Toronto is 9-7 ATS on the road with 10 unders and 6 overs.
- Philadelphia is 8-7 ATS at home with 9 unders and 6 overs.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Philadelphia is 4-0 and Toronto is 9-2.
- The 76ers are 13-10 when they reach the century mark, while the Raptors are 20-4.
- The 76ers rank first in rebounds per game (48.9) while the Raptors rank 20th (42.0).
- Toronto ranks fourth in blocks per game (5.5) while Philadelphia ranks last in blocks allowed per game (5.9).
- The Raptors average 20.0 points off turnovers per game, which ranks first in the NBA. The 76ers rank 25th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.8).
- The 76ers rank sixth in points in the paint per game (47.1) while the Raptors rank 15th in points allowed in the paint per game (43.4).
- Toronto averages 8.3 steals per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. Philadelphia ranks 29th in steals allowed per game (9.2).
- Philadelphia is 1-4 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Toronto is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The 76ers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.2, up from 0.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 112.6 points per game (1.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 99.2 points per game (3.6 below their season average).