An eight-game road winning streak is on the line for the Toronto Raptors (52-18), who will be 10-point favorites when they square off against the Orlando Magic (21-49) at Amway Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 214 points and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 20, 2018.
Toronto Raptors at Orlando Magic Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Magic fell to the Boston Celtics, 92-83, while the Raptors were defeated by the Oklahoma City Thunder, 132-125.
Toronto was lights out from beyond the arc (15-30; 50.0 percent) while Orlando forced Boston into a turnover percentage of 16.0 (above their season average of 12.2). Shelvin Mack led the way for Orlando, putting up 16 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Toronto was lifted by Kyle Lowry, who contributed 22 points and 10 assists.
Orlando might have trouble scoring as they clash against one of the NBA’s best defenses. Toronto currently ranks fourth in defensive efficiency, while the Magic rank 25th in offensive efficiency.
A little over half of the Raptors’ games have finished over the O/U total. Toronto heads into the contest with records of 52-18 straight up (SU) and 40-30 against the spread (ATS).
Games involving the Magic have typically finished under the total (57.1 percent). Additionally, Orlando is 21-49 SU and 32-36-2 ATS.
In their first matchup this season, Lowry led the Raptors to a 117-104 victory. He registered a double-double with 17 points and 11 assists. The two teams combined to put up 221 points, which was just under the projected point total of 221.5, and Toronto covered as a 9-point favorite. Toronto’s 0.181 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Orlando, who had a rate of 0.159.
Toronto Raptors at Orlando Magic Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Raptors rank third in three pointers attempted per game (32.8) while the Magic rank 15th (29.2).
- Toronto ranks sixth in points in the paint per game (48.4) while Orlando ranks last in points allowed in the paint per game (49.2).
- The Raptors rank second in blocks per game (6.0) while the Magic rank 18th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- Toronto ranks fourth in steals allowed per game (7.1) while Orlando ranks 19th (7.9).
- Toronto ranks 11th in rebounds allowed per game (42.5) while Orlando ranks 25th (45.4).
- The Raptors average 18.0 points off turnovers per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. The Magic rank 23rd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.6).
- The Raptors rank 12th in second chance points per game (12.9) while the Magic rank 26th (10.7).
- Toronto ranks ninth in fast break points per game (13.8) while Orlando ranks 20th in fast break points allowed per game (12.5).
- Toronto averages 24.0 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the league. Orlando ranks 24th in assists allowed per game (24.4).
- Orlando is 9-6 when they allow under 100 points, while Toronto is 24-5.
- The Raptors are 49-11 when they reach 100 points, while the Magic are 21-28.
- Toronto is 21-14 ATS on the road, while Orlando is 13-19-1 ATS at home.
- Of the Raptors’ 35 road games, they have 19 overs and 16 unders.
- Of the Magic’s 33 home games, they have 20 unders and 13 overs.
- The Raptors are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Magic are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Toronto has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Orlando has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 120.2 points per game (7.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 110.8 points per game (6.9 above their season average).
- The Magic’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.0, up from 4.7 for the season.