The Detroit Pistons (38-42) welcome the Toronto Raptors (58-22) to Little Caesars Arena to start Eastern Conference play. The game can be seen on Fox Sports – Detroit at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, April 9, 2018.
Toronto Raptors vs. Detroit Pistons Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Pistons fell to the Memphis Grizzlies, 130-117, while the Raptors defeated the Orlando Magic, 112-101.
Toronto dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.218 (above their season average of 0.200) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.609 (above their season average of 0.538). Orlando recorded marks of 0.112 and 0.511, respectively, for those same stats. Detroit, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (above their season average of 22.8). Detroit’s Andre Drummond had a good game, recording 12 points and 18 rebounds. Meanwhile, Toronto was lifted by OG Anunoby, who contributed 21 points and eight rebounds.
Detroit might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they face off against one of the NBA’s best defenses. Toronto currently ranks fifth in defensive efficiency, while the Pistons rank 21st in offensive efficiency.
Just over half of the Raptors games have finished over the projected point total. Toronto comes into the contest with records of 58-22 straight up (SU) and 42-37 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Toronto, a little over half of Pistons games have finished under the total. Further, Detroit is 38-42 SU and 38-38-3 ATS.
The Raptors Serge Ibaka has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 16.8 points, 8.4 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game. Meanwhile, Anthony Tolliver has averaged 16.4 points during that same time frame for the Pistons.
In their three contests this season, the Raptors have won all three. The two teams combined for 240 points in their most recent game, which was well over the projected point total of 214. Toronto won 121-119 but was unable to cover as a 4-point favorite. The Raptors turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Pistons. Toronto had a rate of 7.5, while Detroit posted a mark of 13.8. In the victory, DeMar DeRozan led all scorers with 42 points.
Toronto Raptors vs. Detroit Pistons ATS Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Pistons, ATS Winner – Pistons, O/U – Over
- Toronto ranks second in blocks per game (6.1) while Detroit ranks 25th (3.9).
- The Pistons rank 12th in second chance points per game (12.8) while the Raptors rank 24th in second chance points allowed per game (13.1).
- Detroit ranks second in fast break points allowed per game (9.8) while Toronto ranks 14th (11.6).
- Toronto ranks sixth in points in the paint per game (48.5) while Detroit ranks ninth in points allowed in the paint per game (43.5).
- The Raptors rank second in three pointers allowed per game (24.9) while the Pistons rank 24th (30.7).
- The Raptors average 43.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 14th in the NBA. The Pistons rank 20th in rebounds allowed per game (43.8).
- Toronto averages 24.3 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. Detroit ranks 27th in assists allowed per game (25.2).
- Toronto is 27-5 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Detroit is 21-6.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Pistons are 34-19 and the Raptors are 52-14.
- Detroit is 18-20-2 ATS at home, while Toronto is 21-18 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 21 of the Raptors 39 road games, while 20 of the Pistons 40 home games have gone over.
- The Pistons are 3-1-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Raptors are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Detroit has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Toronto has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Pistons have scored an average of 112.2 points per game (8.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 111.2 points per game (7.1 above their season average).
- The Raptors average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.2, down from 7.9 for the season.