The NBA’s top scoring defense will be on the road at Pepsi Center, when the Toronto Raptors (42-17) battle with the Denver Nuggets (40-19). The game can be seen on CTV Sportsnet Toronto at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020.
Toronto Raptors vs. Denver Nuggets Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Raptors (13.5-point favorites) were defeated by the Charlotte Hornets, 99-96, while the Nuggets (7-point underdogs) fell to the Los Angeles Clippers, 132-103. The Toronto game finished 19 points under the projected point total of 214, while the Denver game finished 15 points over the projected point total of 220.
Toronto had a turnover percentage of 4.4 (better than their season average of 12.4) while Denver had a better offensive rebounding percentage (27.1 vs. 29.7). Denver rallied around Nikola Jokic, who had 21 points and nine rebounds. Pascal Siakam played well for Toronto, contributing 24 points and nine rebounds.
The Nuggets dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the last game, Denver won 95-86. One of Denver’s largest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 13-16 (81.3 percent), while the Raptors were just 9-14 (64.3 percent). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Of the Raptors’ 59 games, 30 have finished over the O/U total. Toronto heads into the game with records of 42-17 straight up (SU) and 32-26-1 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Toronto, Nuggets games have finished under the total 52.5 percent of the time. Denver has a solid 40-19 SU record, but they are just 26-27-6 ATS.
The offensive glass should be a huge edge for Denver in this battle. The Nuggets rank third in offensive rebounding percentage (24.8 percent), while Toronto ranks 25th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.8 percent).
Toronto Raptors at Denver Nuggets Betting Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Under
- The Nuggets average 44.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 19th in the league. The Raptors rank 24th in rebounds allowed per game (46.6).
- Toronto ranks first in fast break points per game (19.3) while Denver ranks 22nd (11.6).
- The Nuggets average 26.4 assists per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Raptors rank 22nd in assists allowed per game (25.2).
- Toronto ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (41.8) while Denver ranks 18th (49.0).
- Toronto ranks second in steals per game (8.8) while Denver ranks ninth (8.1).
- The Nuggets rank sixth in second chance points per game (14.2) while the Raptors rank 26th in second chance points allowed per game (14.0).
- The Raptors rank second in points off turnovers per game (20.0) while the Nuggets rank 16th (16.8).
- Denver averages 4.7 blocks per game, which ranks 18th in the NBA. Toronto ranks 22nd in blocks allowed per game (5.4).
- Toronto ranks seventh in three pointers attempted per game (36.8) while Denver ranks 26th (30.2).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Denver is 14-1 and Toronto is 14-4.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Nuggets are 37-14 and the Raptors are 40-9.
- Denver is 13-14-3 ATS at home, while Toronto is 14-12-1 ATS on the road.
- In 27 road games, the Raptors have 14 unders, 12 overs and 1 push.
- In 30 home games, the Nuggets have 16 unders and 14 overs.
- The Raptors are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Nuggets are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Toronto has 5 unders, while Denver has 4 overs and 1 under.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 105.8 points per game (6.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 98.0 points per game (8.0 below their season average).
- The Nuggets have been outscored by an average of 3.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Denver has defeated opponents by an average of 3.3 points.