Expect a high-scoring game when the Toronto Raptors (55-21), 1-point underdogs, challenge the Cleveland Cavaliers (47-30) at Quicken Loans Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 222.5 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Ohio at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 3, 2018.
Toronto Raptors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers ATS Odds
In their last game, the Cavaliers beat the Dallas Mavericks, 98-87, while the Raptors fell to the Boston Celtics, 110-99.
Cleveland dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.7 (above their season average of 20.0) and a free throw rate of 0.200 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Dallas was 9.1 and 0.125, respectively. Toronto, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (21.4 vs. 17.8). LeBron James had a tremendous outing for Cleveland, collecting 16 points, 13 rebounds and 12 assists on his way to his 16th triple-double this year. Meanwhile, DeMar DeRozan played a pivotal role for Toronto with 32 points, seven rebounds and seven assists.
The game should be a showdown of strength against strength as the prolific offense of Cleveland (fifth in the league with an offensive efficiency of 110.9) takes on the elite defense of Toronto (fifth in the NBA with a defensive efficiency of 104.4). Additionally, the Raptors rank fourth in turnover percentage (12.7 percent), while the Cavaliers rank 26th in opponents’ turnover percentage (12.9 percent).
Of the Raptors’ 76 games, 40 have finished over the projected point total. Toronto comes into the contest with records of 55-21 straight up (SU) and 40-36 against the spread (ATS).
Cavaliers games have gone over the projected point total 49.4 percent of the time. Cleveland has a respectable 47-30 SU record, but they are just 29-47-1 ATS.
Jonas Valanciunas has been playing at a high level recently for Toronto, averaging 15.6 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.4 blocks over the last five games.
The Cavaliers evened the season series at one with a 132-129 win in their most recent game. James recorded a double-double with 35 points and 17 assists. Cleveland was successful at getting and making free throws. The Cavaliers made 23 of their 28 free throws (82.1 percent), while the Raptors were 20-23 (87.0 percent). The two teams combined to score 261 points, which was well over the projected point total of 225.5, and Cleveland covered as a 2-point underdog.
Toronto Raptors at Cleveland Cavaliers Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Over
- The Raptors rank 15th in rebounds per game (43.7) while the Cavaliers rank 20th in rebounds allowed per game (43.8).
- Toronto ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (24.9) while Cleveland ranks 29th (31.8).
- The Raptors rank sixth in points in the paint per game (48.5) while the Cavaliers rank 21st in points allowed in the paint per game (46.6).
- Cleveland ranks 15th in second chance points allowed per game (12.7) while Toronto ranks 25th (13.3).
- Toronto ranks seventh in points off turnovers per game (17.4) while Cleveland ranks 15th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.1).
- The Raptors rank second in blocks per game (6.1) while the Cavaliers rank 27th (3.8).
- The Raptors rank 16th in steals per game (7.7) while the Cavaliers rank 25th (7.0).
- Toronto averages 13.6 fast break points per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. Cleveland ranks 11th in fast break points allowed per game (11.2).
- Toronto averages 24.2 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the league. Cleveland ranks 26th in assists allowed per game (25.6).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Toronto is 25-5 and Cleveland is 16-3.
- The Cavaliers are 45-17 when they reach the century mark, while the Raptors are 51-13.
- Toronto is 21-17 ATS on the road, while Cleveland is 12-25-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 19 of the Cavaliers’ 38 home games, while 21 of the Raptors’ 38 road games have gone over.
- The Cavaliers are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Raptors are 0-5.
- In their last five games, Cleveland has 4 unders and 1 over, while Toronto has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Cavaliers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.4, up from 0.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 112.8 points per game (0.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 116.2 points per game (11.7 above their season average).