It will be a clash between two outstanding offenses when the Cleveland Cavaliers (41-29) square off against the Toronto Raptors (53-18) at Quicken Loans Arena. The game will air on ESPN at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 21, 2018.
Toronto Raptors at Cleveland Cavaliers Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Cavaliers defeated the Milwaukee Bucks 124-117, while the Raptors beat the Orlando Magic 93-86.
The Raptors had a better free throw rate (0.117 vs. 0.033) and held the Magic to an effective field goal percentage of 0.461 (below their season average of 0.520). Meanwhile, Cleveland played a flawless game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 19.5) and a free throw rate of 0.264 (above their season average of 0.212). For those same stats, Milwaukee was 21.1 and 0.216, respectively. LeBron James played a huge role in the victory for Cleveland with 40 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists to record his 15th triple-double of the season. Meanwhile, Kyle Lowry had a good game for Toronto, putting up 25 points, eight assists and five rebounds.
This matchup pits one of the league’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Cleveland currently ranks fifth in offensive efficiency and Toronto is fourth in defensive efficiency. Additionally, the Raptors rank fourth in turnover percentage (12.8 percent), while the Cavaliers rank 26th in opponents’ turnover percentage (12.9 percent).
Games including the Raptors have gone over the O/U total 51.4 percent of the time. Toronto comes into the game with records of 53-18 straight up (SU) and 40-30 against the spread (ATS).
Just over half of Cavaliers games have also finished over the O/U total. Moreover, Cleveland owns records of 41-29 SU and 23-46-1 ATS.
James has been excellent as of late for Cleveland, averaging 29.0 points, 11.8 rebounds, 8.4 assists, 2.2 blocks and 1.8 steals over the last five games.
In their first matchup this year, Jonas Valanciunas led the Raptors to a 133-99 win. He registered a double-double with 15 points and 18 rebounds. Toronto covered as a 2.5-point underdog and the two teams combined to score 232 points, which was over the projected point total of 221.5. Toronto won the rebounding battle. The Raptors had more offensive rebounds (18 vs. nine), defensive rebounds (45 vs. 26) and total rebounds (63 vs. 35).
Toronto Raptors at Cleveland Cavaliers Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Over
- The Raptors rank ninth in fast break points per game (13.8) while the Cavaliers rank 13th in fast break points allowed per game (11.5).
- Toronto ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (25.1) while Cleveland ranks 29th (31.9).
- The Raptors rank sixth in points in the paint per game (48.3) while the Cavaliers rank 24th in points allowed in the paint per game (46.9).
- Toronto ranks fourth in points off turnovers per game (17.9) while Cleveland ranks 16th (16.3).
- Toronto averages 12.9 second chance points per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. Cleveland ranks 18th in second chance points allowed per game (12.9).
- The Raptors rank second in blocks per game (6.0) while the Cavaliers rank 27th (4.0).
- The Raptors rank 14th in rebounds per game (43.8) while the Cavaliers rank 22nd in rebounds allowed per game (44.3).
- Toronto averages 8.0 steals per game, which ranks 11th in the NBA. Cleveland ranks 12th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- Toronto averages 23.9 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. Cleveland ranks 28th in assists allowed per game (25.7).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Cleveland is 14-2 and Toronto is 25-5.
- The Raptors are 49-11 when they score more than 100 points, while the Cavaliers are 40-17.
- Cleveland is 8-25-1 ATS at home, while Toronto is 21-14 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 19 of the Raptors’ 35 road games, while 17 of the Cavaliers’ 34 home games have gone over.
- The Raptors are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Cavaliers are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Toronto has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Cleveland has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Raptors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.6, down from 8.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 117.0 points per game (6.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 114.6 points per game (4.4 above their season average).