The Toronto Raptors (55-20) and their sensational offense visit Boston to take on the Celtics (52-23) and their superb defense. The game starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 31, 2018, and will air on NBATV.
Toronto Raptors at Boston Celtics Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Celtics edged the Utah Jazz 97-94, while the Raptors defeated the Denver Nuggets 114-110.
The Raptors had a turnover percentage of 8.6 (better than their season average of 11.6) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.582 (above their season average of 0.540). Boston, on the other hand, made 12 of their 21 three pointers (57.1 percent), while Utah was 9-33 (27.3 percent). Jaylen Brown played a pivotal role for Boston with 21 points and five rebounds. Toronto was led by Serge Ibaka, who put up 13 points and six rebounds.
Points could be at a premium in this matchup between a pair of the NBA’s premier defenses. Boston currently ranks first in defensive efficiency (101.9) and Toronto is fifth (104.3).
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when setting the O/U total of Raptors games, with 39 overs compared to 36 unders. Toronto heads into the contest with records of 55-20 straight up (SU) and 40-35 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Toronto, just over half of Celtics games have finished under the total. Additionally, Boston owns records of 52-23 SU and 45-27-3 ATS.
Terry Rozier and Jayson Tatum have been playing well over the last five games for Boston. Rozier has averaged 18.4 points, 6.0 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 2.0 steals, while Tatum has recorded 18.8 points, 7.0 rebounds and 1.8 steals a game during that span.
The Raptors evened the season series at one with a 111-91 blowout victory in their most recent contest. Kyle Lowry was the games top overall scorer with 23 points. Toronto was lights out from beyond the arc (17-36; 47.2 percent). Boston, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (20.5 vs. 14.7). The two teams combined to put up 202 points, which was under the projected point total of 208.5, and Toronto covered as a 5-point favorite.
Toronto Raptors vs. Boston Celtics Odds Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Celtics, O/U – Under
- The Raptors rank 17th in rebounds per game (43.6) while the Celtics rank 20th in rebounds allowed per game (43.8).
- Toronto ranks sixth in points in the paint per game (48.5) while Boston ranks 27th (38.9).
- The Raptors rank eighth in fast break points per game (13.7) while the Celtics rank 26th (9.5).
- Toronto ranks second in blocks per game (6.1) while Boston ranks 18th (4.6).
- Boston ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (20.9) while Toronto ranks ninth (22.0).
- The Raptors rank fifth in points off turnovers per game (17.6) while the Celtics rank 26th (15.0).
- The Raptors rank second in three pointers allowed per game (25.0) while the Celtics rank ninth (27.3).
- Toronto ranks fifth in steals allowed per game (7.1) while Boston ranks seventh (7.2).
- Boston ranks fifth in second chance points allowed per game (11.3) while Toronto ranks 26th (13.3).
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Toronto is 25-5 and Boston is 34-4.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Celtics are 39-10 and the Raptors are 51-13.
- Toronto is 21-16 ATS on the road, while Boston is 18-16-3 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 20 of the Raptors 37 road games, while 19 of the Celtics 37 home games have gone over.
- The Celtics are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Raptors are 0-5.
- In their last five games, Boston has 4 unders and 1 over, while Toronto has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Celtics average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.6, up from 4.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 111.6 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 111.4 points per game (7.0 above their season average).