The Phoenix Suns (9-20) will be at home in Talking Stick Resort Arena when they square off against the Toronto Raptors (17-8). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 217.5 points with Toronto set as an 11-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 13, 2017, and it can be seen on The Sports Network.
Toronto Raptors vs. Phoenix Suns Betting Preview
The Raptors were beaten by the Los Angeles Clippers in their last contest, 96-91. Jonas Valanciunas had a good performance for Toronto, leading both teams in scoring with 23 points on 8-for-10 shooting. Los Angeles held the Raptors to an offensive rebounding percentage of 6.5 (below their season average of 22.2). Toronto, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (20-26; 76.9 percent).
In the Suns last matchup, they were beaten by the Sacramento Kings, 99-92. T.J. Warren was Phoenix’s high scorer with 18 points on 9-for-24 shooting. Sacramento did an excellent job of making free throws (16-22; 72.7 percent). Phoenix, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (27.7 vs. 25.6).
Phoenix might have difficulty putting up points as they go head-to-head against one of the leagues best defenses. Toronto ranks eighth in defensive efficiency while the Suns rank 25th in offensive efficiency.
Of Toronto’s 25 games, 13 have finished under the projected point total, while 16 of Phoenix’s 28 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Raptors have a significant advantage. They are 17-8 SU and 14-11 ATS, while the Suns are 9-20 SU and 13-14-1 ATS.
Serge Ibaka has been on fire over the last five games for Toronto, averaging 16.6 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 239 points, which was over the projected point total of 224.5. The Raptors won 126-113, but were unable to cover as 15-point favorites. The Raptors played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.6 and a turnover percentage of 12.7. The Suns were 0.0 and 15.6, respectively, for those same stats. Kyle Lowry recorded a double-double with 20 points and 10 assists.
Toronto Raptors vs. Phoenix Suns Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Under
- The Raptors rank seventh in steals per game (8.4) while the Suns rank 27th in steals allowed per game (8.9).
- Phoenix ranks ninth in second chance points per game (13.5) while Toronto ranks 26th in second chance points allowed per game (13.7).
- Toronto averages 14.7 fast break points per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. Phoenix ranks 25th in fast break points allowed per game (13.8).
- Toronto ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (32.0) while Phoenix ranks 21st (25.7).
- Toronto is 9-6 ATS on the road, while Phoenix is 5-10 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 7 of the Suns 15 home games, while 10 of the Raptors 15 road games have gone under.
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Phoenix is 2-2 and Toronto is 7-2.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Suns are 8-12 and the Raptors are 16-4.
- The Raptors rank eighth in assists per game (23.2) while the Suns rank 28th (20.0).
- Toronto ranks first in points off turnovers per game (19.8) while Phoenix ranks 27th in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.2).
- The Raptors average 47.7 points in the paint per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Suns rank 28th in points allowed in the paint per game (48.8).
- The Raptors rank fifth in blocks per game (5.4) while the Suns rank 21st in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- Toronto ranks sixth in rebounds allowed per game (41.6) while Phoenix ranks 27th (46.1).
- Phoenix is 4-1 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Toronto is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Suns’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.8, down from 7.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 111.0 points per game (0.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 103.6 points per game (0.4 above their season average).