The Toronto Raptors (23-9) will try to snap the five-game winning streak of Oklahoma City when they travel to Chesapeake Energy Arena to go head-to-head with the Thunder (19-15). Oklahoma City is a 2.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 211 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 27, 2017, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Toronto Raptors vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Betting Preview
The Raptors lost to the Dallas Mavericks in their last game, 98-93. With 23 points on 6-for-17 shooting, Kyle Lowry was the games leading scorer. Dallas held the Raptors to an effective field goal percentage of 0.388 (below their season average of 0.544). Toronto, meanwhile, did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (24-32; 75.0 percent).
In the Thunder’s last game, they beat the Houston Rockets, 112-107. With 31 points on 12-for-24 shooting, Russell Westbrook was the games leading scorer. Oklahoma City’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Houston. The Thunder had a rate of 0.595 (above their season average of 0.500), while the Rockets posted a mark of 0.506 (below their season average of 0.564).
Oklahoma City might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they face off against one of the leagues best defenses. Toronto currently ranks fifth in defensive efficiency while the Thunder rank 18th in offensive efficiency.
Of Toronto’s 31 games with betting action, 16 have finished under the O/U total, while 21 of Oklahoma City’s 34 games have finished under the projected point total. The Raptors come into this game with a clear advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 23-9 SU and 19-12 ATS, while the Thunder are 19-15 SU and 12-21-1 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Thunder won the last matchup 123-102. Oklahoma City had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.8 vs. 14.0). Toronto, on the other hand, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (23-30; 76.7 percent).
Toronto Raptors vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Under
- The Raptors average 8.8 steals per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. The Thunder rank 20th in steals allowed per game (8.2).
- Oklahoma City ranks second in points off turnovers per game (19.6) while Toronto ranks 11th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.4).
- Oklahoma City averages 14.0 fast break points per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. Toronto ranks 19th in fast break points allowed per game (11.9).
- Toronto is 11-7 ATS on the road, while Oklahoma City is 7-9-1 ATS at home.
- The Raptors have 10 unders and 8 overs in 18 road games.
- Of the Thunder’s 17 home games, they have 11 unders and 6 overs.
- When allowing below 100 points, Toronto is 10-3 and Oklahoma City is 13-4.
- When reaching 100 points, the Thunder are 16-6 and the Raptors are 22-4.
- The Thunder rank ninth in blocks per game (5.0) while the Raptors rank 20th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- Toronto ranks fourth in three pointers allowed per game (26.0) while Oklahoma City ranks 23rd (30.2).
- The Raptors rank fifth in points in the paint per game (47.4) while the Thunder rank 23rd (40.9).
- Oklahoma City averages 14.2 second chance points per game, which ranks sixth in the league. Toronto ranks 23rd in second chance points allowed per game (13.3).
- Oklahoma City is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Toronto is 5-0 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Thunder’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.2, up from 2.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 109.2 points per game (1.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 99.4 points per game (2.9 below their season average).