The Memphis Grizzlies (8-16) will be at home in FedExForum when they square off against the Toronto Raptors (15-7). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 201 points with Toronto opening as a 5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, December 8, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Toronto Raptors at Memphis Grizzlies Betting Preview
The Raptors were victorious over the Phoenix Suns in their last game, 126-113. With 20 points, 10 assists and six rebounds, Toronto’s Kyle Lowry had a good performance. Toronto played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.6 (below their season average of 21.9) and a turnover percentage of 12.7 (better than their season average of 12.8). For those same stats, Phoenix put up marks of 0.0 and 15.6, respectively.
In the Grizzlies last game, they were topped by the New York Knicks, 99-88. Marc Gasol was Memphis leading scorer with 17 points on 5-for-12 shooting. New York held the Grizzlies to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.1 (below their season average of 18.6). Memphis, on the other hand, forced the Knicks into a turnover percentage of 17.7 (above their season average of 14.4).
Memphis might struggle to score as they square off against one of the leagues best defenses. Toronto currently ranks ninth in defensive efficiency, while the Grizzlies rank 25th in offensive efficiency.
Of Toronto’s 22 games, 11 have finished over the O/U total, while 16 of Memphis 24 games have finished under the O/U total. The Raptors come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 15-7 SU and 12-10 ATS, while the Grizzlies are 8-16 SU and 8-15-1 ATS.
Lowry has been impressive over the last five games for Toronto, averaging 22.2 points, 9.0 rebounds, 6.6 assists and 1.4 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Grizzlies won the most recent matchup 101-99. Memphis did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (19-25; 76.0 percent). Toronto, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (7.4 vs. 9.2).
Toronto Raptors at Memphis Grizzlies Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Under
- The Grizzlies rank 13th in second chance points allowed per game (12.2) while the Raptors rank 27th (13.6).
- Toronto ranks fifth in rebounds allowed per game (41.1) while Memphis ranks 13th (42.9).
- Toronto ranks third in points in the paint per game (49.1) while Memphis ranks 16th (42.8).
- Memphis is 4-9 ATS at home, while Toronto is 7-5 ATS on the road.
- Of the Raptors 12 road games, they have 8 unders and 4 overs.
- Of the Grizzlies 13 home games, they have 11 unders and 2 overs.
- Memphis is 6-4 when they allow less than 100 points, while Toronto is 6-1.
- The Raptors are 14-4 when they score above 100 points, while the Grizzlies are 4-4.
- The Raptors rank third in points off turnovers per game (19.6) while the Grizzlies rank 14th (17.8).
- Toronto ranks fourth in blocks per game (5.6) while Memphis ranks 24th in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- The Grizzlies average 14.2 fast break points per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. The Raptors rank 25th in fast break points allowed per game (12.9).
- The Raptors rank fourth in three pointers allowed per game (25.9) while the Grizzlies rank 10th (27.4).
- Toronto ranks fourth in assists per game (23.6) while Memphis ranks 23rd (20.9).
- Memphis is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Toronto is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Grizzlies average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.6, up from 3.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 117.6 points per game (6.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 105.2 points per game (1.1 above their season average).