The Toronto Raptors (50-17) head to Bankers Life Fieldhouse to take on the Indiana Pacers (40-28). The Raptors are a 4-point favorite and will attempt to prolong their nine-game winning streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 213.5 points and it will air on CTV Sportsnet Toronto at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 15, 2018.
Toronto Raptors at Indiana Pacers Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Pacers edged the Philadelphia 76ers 101-98, while the Raptors were victorious over the Brooklyn Nets 116-102.
Toronto dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 31.0 (above their season average of 23.0) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.544 (above their season average of 0.537). For those same stats, Brooklyn recorded marks of 18.4 and 0.494, respectively. The Pacers, meanwhile, forced 21 turnovers and held the 76ers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.4 (below their season average of 25.6). Thaddeus Young played a pivotal role for Indiana with 19 points and 10 rebounds. Toronto, meanwhile, received a boost from Jonas Valanciunas, who put up 26 points and 14 rebounds.
Ball security could play a key role in this battle. Toronto commits the fourth-fewest miscues in the NBA (turnover percentage of 12.5 percent), while the pesky defense of Indiana forces the fifth-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 14.8 percent).
Raptors games have gone over the projected point total 50.7 percent of the time. Toronto heads into the contest with records of 50-17 straight up (SU) and 39-28 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas tends to place the total high when the Pacers are involved, as 40 of their 67 games have ended under the O/U total. Additionally, Indiana owns records of 40-28 SU and 39-29 ATS.
Valanciunas has taken his game to another level as of late for Toronto, averaging 15.6 points, 10.0 rebounds and 1.6 blocks over the last five games.
The Raptors evened the season series at one with a 120-115 win in their most recent matchup. Victor Oladipo was the game’s top overall scorer with 36 points. Toronto had a better effective field goal percentage (0.546 vs. 0.480). Indiana, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (8.2 vs. 10.1). Toronto was unable to cover as a 7-point favorite and the two teams combined to score 235 points, which was well over the projected point total of 217.5.
Toronto Raptors at Indiana Pacers Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Raptors rank fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.8) while the Pacers rank seventh (15.1).
- Toronto ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (25.2) while Indiana ranks 27th (30.8).
- The Raptors rank sixth in points in the paint per game (48.4) while the Pacers rank 15th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.8).
- Indiana ranks second in steals per game (8.7) while Toronto ranks seventh (8.1).
- Toronto ranks sixth in assists per game (23.9) while Indiana ranks 11th in assists allowed per game (22.8).
- The Raptors rank second in blocks per game (6.0) while the Pacers rank 25th (4.2).
- The Pacers rank 19th in second chance points per game (11.9) while the Raptors rank 24th in second chance points allowed per game (13.3).
- Indiana ranks third in fast break points per game (15.0) while Toronto ranks 15th in fast break points allowed per game (11.7).
- When allowing under 100 points, Toronto is 23-5 and Indiana is 25-2.
- The Raptors are 47-10 when they reach the century mark, while the Pacers are 32-14.
- Indiana is 20-15 ATS at home, while Toronto is 20-14 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 20 of the Pacers’ 35 home games, while 19 of the Raptors’ 34 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Toronto and Indiana are both 4-1 ATS.
- The Raptors have 3 unders and 2 overs over their last five games, while the Pacers have 5 unders.
- The Raptors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.2, up from 8.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pacers have scored an average of 97.6 points per game (8.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 95.0 points per game (9.3 below their season average).