The Chicago Bulls (20-36) will try to put an end to the six-game winning streak of Toronto when they welcome the Raptors (40-16) to United Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 217 points with Toronto set as a 7-point favorite. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018, and it can be seen on NBC Sports Chicago.
Toronto Raptors at Chicago Bulls ATS Preview
The Raptors won a close one over the Miami Heat in their last game, 115-112. With 22 points and eight assists, Toronto’s Kyle Lowry played well. The Raptors forced 16 turnovers, while the Heat had a free throw rate of 0.186 (below the 0.218 mark opponents have averaged against Toronto this season).
In the Bulls last game, they topped the Orlando Magic, 105-101. Chicago was lifted by Bobby Portis, who put up 19 points and seven rebounds. The Bulls, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.8, had a mark of 25.6 and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.506 (above their season average of 0.501).
The inefficient offense of Chicago will battle against the elite defense of Toronto. The Bulls currently rank 28th in offensive efficiency, while the Raptors are fourth in defensive efficiency. The Raptors figure to have the edge on that end of the court. Ball protection should be an advantage for the Raptors. They rank 4th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 12.7 percent). Conversely, the Bulls force the first-fewest turnovers in the NBA (opponents turnover percentage of 12.5 percent).
Of Toronto’s 55 games that accepted bets, 28 have finished over the projected point total, while 29 of Chicago’s 56 games have finished over the O/U total. The Raptors have the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (40-16 vs. 20-36) and a narrow edge against the spread (ATS) (31-24 vs. 29-24-3).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Raptors, it’s been Fred VanVleet, who has averaged 11.8 points, 5.2 assists and 1.4 steals, while the Bulls have gotten solid contributions from Portis (12.0 points, 9.0 rebounds and 1.2 steals).
These two teams have already met three times this year, with the Raptors winning all three. Delon Wright recorded 25 points, 13 rebounds and five assists in the most recent game, in which the Raptors beat the Bulls 124-115, covering as 4.5-point favorites. The two teams combined for 239 points, which was 22 points above the projected point total of 217 points. The Raptors played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.207 and a great turnover percentage of 9.9. For those same stats, the Bulls were 0.172 and 11.4, respectively.
Toronto Raptors vs. Chicago Bulls Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Under
- The Raptors rank sixth in points in the paint per game (48.2) while the Bulls rank 27th (40.7).
- Toronto ranks 13th in rebounds allowed per game (42.7) while Chicago ranks 29th (45.8).
- Toronto ranks 10th in assists allowed per game (22.1) while Chicago ranks 28th (25.1).
- Toronto is 15-13 ATS on the road, while Chicago is 14-12-2 ATS at home.
- Of the Raptors 28 road games, they have 16 overs and 12 unders.
- The Bulls have 16 unders and 12 overs in 28 home games.
- When allowing below 100 points, Toronto is 18-5 and Chicago is 6-5.
- When reaching the century mark, the Raptors are 37-9 and the Bulls are 18-17.
- The Raptors rank 12th in second chance points per game (12.7) while the Bulls rank 28th (10.4).
- Toronto ranks second in blocks per game (5.9) while Chicago ranks 28th (3.6).
- The Raptors rank second in three pointers allowed per game (25.2) while the Bulls rank 27th (31.1).
- The Raptors rank fifth in fast break points per game (14.1) while the Bulls rank 18th in fast break points allowed per game (12.0).
- Toronto ranks second in points off turnovers per game (18.6) while Chicago ranks 25th (14.3).
- Chicago is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Toronto is 5-0 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bulls average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.4, down from 5.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 112.6 points per game (0.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 96.0 points per game (7.5 below their season average).