The Sacramento Kings (6-4) will have their chance to take down the league’s top team when they take on the Toronto Raptors (10-1) at the Golden 1 Center. Action begins at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 7, 2018, and can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Toronto Raptors at Sacramento Kings ATS Odds
The Raptors come in on a high note after defeating the Utah Jazz in their last matchup, 124-111, as 3.5-point underdogs. The Kings, on the other hand, were blown out by the Milwaukee Bucks, 144-109, and were not able to cover as 10-point underdogs. Both games went over their projected point totals. The Toronto game went 21 points over the projected point total of 214, while the Sacramento game finished 17 points over the projected point total of 236.
Toronto’s effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Utah. The Raptors had a rate of 0.645 (above their season average of 0.549), while the Jazz posted a mark of 0.488. Sacramento, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.516 vs. 0.600). Sacramento received a boost from De’Aaron Fox, who finished with 15 points, six rebounds and six assists. Meanwhile, Kyle Lowry was a key piece for Toronto with 17 points, 11 assists and seven rebounds.
The Raptors dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the most recent game, Toronto won 108-93. Toronto made good use of their 28 trips to the free throw line, converting on 23 of them (82.1 percent). Sacramento, meanwhile, was just 6-8 (75.0 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Raptors matchups have a tendency to go over the total (72.7 percent). Toronto comes into the game with records of 10-1 straight up (SU) and 6-5 against the spread (ATS).
Games including the Kings also have a tendency to finish over the total (70.0 percent). Additionally, Sacramento is 6-4 SU and 7-3 ATS.
Both teams have had a couple of players step their game up over their last five games. Serge Ibaka (21.0 points, 7.8 rebounds, 1.6 blocks and 1.2 steals) and Pascal Siakam (14.6 points, 9.6 rebounds and 2.0 steals) have been fantastic for the Raptors, while Fox (20.8 points, 8.6 assists and 1.4 steals) and Buddy Hield (24.0 points, 7.2 rebounds and 3.6 assists) have contributed greatly to the Kings.
It will be a battle of contrasting tempos as the up-tempo Kings will look to push the slower-paced Raptors. The Kings currently rank fourth in possessions per game while the Raptors are 21st. ,
Toronto Raptors vs. Sacramento Kings Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Kings, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Over
- The Kings rank third in points off turnovers per game (21.2) while the Raptors rank 12th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.3).
- Toronto ranks fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (44.0) while Sacramento ranks 26th (54.6).
- The Raptors rank fifth in steals allowed per game (6.4) while the Kings rank 21st (8.3).
- Toronto ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (33.5) while Sacramento ranks 26th in three pointers allowed per game (37.5).
- Toronto ranks 12th in rebounds per game (46.3) while Sacramento ranks 24th in rebounds allowed per game (48.6).
- The Raptors average 20.1 fast break points per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Kings rank 25th in fast break points allowed per game (16.5).
- The Raptors average 6.0 blocks per game, which ranks ninth in the league. The Kings rank 22nd in blocks allowed per game (6.3).
- Toronto averages 12.0 second chance points per game, which ranks 20th in the league. Sacramento ranks 23rd in second chance points allowed per game (16.0).
- Toronto averages 26.1 assists per game, which ranks fourth in the league. Sacramento ranks 25th in assists allowed per game (25.4).
- Toronto is 1-0 when they allow under 100 points, while Sacramento is 2-0.
- The Raptors are 10-1 when they reach 100 points, while the Kings are 5-4.
- Sacramento is 3-0 ATS at home, while Toronto is 3-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 2 of the Kings’ 3 home games, while 3 of the Raptors’ 5 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Toronto and Sacramento have both had 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Kings are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Raptors are 3-2.
- The Kings have outscored opponents by an average of 3.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Sacramento has lost by an average of 0.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 118.0 points per game (0.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 110.4 points per game (2.4 above their season average).