The Toronto Raptors (30-14) and the New York Knicks (12-33) go head-to-head at Madison Square Garden. The Raptors are a 7.5-point favorite and will attempt to continue their five-game winning streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 215.5 points and it will air on CTV Sportsnet Toronto at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, January 24, 2020.
Toronto Raptors at New York Knicks Betting Odds
Both teams covered in their last outing. The Raptors (6.5-point favorites) defeated the Philadelphia 76ers, 107-95, while the Knicks (11.5-point underdogs) fell to the Los Angeles Lakers, 100-92. The Toronto game finished 13 points under the projected point total of 215, while the New York game finished 31.5 points under the projected point total of 223.5.
Toronto played a flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.8 (below their season average of 22.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.541 (above their season average of 0.529). For those same stats, Philadelphia recorded marks of 15.1 and 0.488, respectively. New York, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (28.9 vs. 24.4). New York was lifted by Julius Randle, who recorded 16 points, eight rebounds and six assists. Meanwhile, Pascal Siakam played a pivotal role for Toronto with 18 points and 15 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Siakam led the Raptors to a 126-98 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 31 points. Toronto covered as a 10-point favorite and the two teams combined for 224 points, which was over the projected point total of 210. The Raptors’ 10.6 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Knicks, who had a rate of 15.4.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when setting the total of Raptors games, with 23 overs compared to 21 unders. Toronto comes into the contest with records of 30-14 straight up (SU) and 24-19-1 against the spread (ATS).
Knicks games tend to go under the total (60.0 percent). Further, New York owns records of 12-33 SU and 22-22-1 ATS.
The ineffective offense of New York (28th in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 102.4) will go head-to-head against the elite defense of Toronto (second in the league with a defensive efficiency of 102.2). The Raptors figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
Toronto Raptors vs. New York Knicks Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Under
- The Raptors rank 18th in points in the paint per game (47.0) while the Knicks rank 26th (45.0).
- Toronto ranks third in fast break points per game (17.8) while New York ranks 29th (10.0).
- The Raptors rank seventh in three pointers attempted per game (36.2) while the Knicks rank 26th (30.0).
- New York averages 46.1 rebounds per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. Toronto ranks 25th in rebounds allowed per game (46.8).
- Toronto ranks second in steals per game (8.6) while New York ranks 17th (7.6).
- The Knicks rank fifth in second chance points per game (14.4) while the Raptors rank 25th in second chance points allowed per game (14.0).
- The Raptors rank second in points off turnovers per game (20.2) while the Knicks rank 20th (16.4).
- Toronto ranks 13th in blocks per game (5.1) while New York ranks 17th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Toronto ranks ninth in assists per game (25.5) while New York ranks 29th (21.1).
- Toronto is 12-3 when they allow below 100 points, while New York is 4-2.
- The Raptors are 28-9 when they score more than 100 points, while the Knicks are 11-20.
- New York is 10-11-1 ATS at home, while Toronto is 11-9-1 ATS on the road.
- In 21 road games, the Raptors have 11 unders and 10 overs.
- Of the Knicks’ 22 home games, they have 15 unders and 7 overs.
- The Raptors are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Knicks are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Toronto has 4 overs and 1 under, while New York has 5 unders.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 124.2 points per game (12.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 111.2 points per game (5.3 above their season average).
- The Knicks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.0, up from 8.0 for the season.