The Detroit Titans (4-4) will be at home in Calihan Hall when they clash with the Toledo Rockets (4-3). Toledo is a 3.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 169 points. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Toledo Rockets vs. Detroit Titans Odds Preview
The Rockets barely escaped the Texas Southern Tigers in their last game, 71-69. With 16 points and 10 rebounds, Toledo’s Tre’Shaun Fletcher had a solid performance. The Rockets forced 18 turnovers and held the Tigers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.443 (below the 0.529 mark opponents have averaged against Toledo this season).
The last time the Titans played, they were defeated by the UCLA Bruins, 106-73. Kameron Chatman was Detroit’s leading scorer with 18 points on 5-for-16 shooting. UCLA won the rebounding battle. The Bruins had 13 offensive rebounds and 47 total rebounds, while the Titans had six and 29, respectively.
It will be a showdown of opposite styles as the up-tempo Titans will look to push the slower-paced Rockets. Since last season, the Titans rank 13th in possessions per game while the Rockets are 144th. Also, the Rockets rank 43rd in effective field goal percentage (0.543), while the Titans rank 343rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.562).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Games featuring Toledo have finished under 60.0 percent of the time, while 66.7 percent of Detroit games have finished over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Rockets have a clear advantage. They are 4-3 SU and 3-2 ATS, while the Titans are 4-4 SU and 3-3 ATS.
The Rockets won the sole game against the Titans last season, 73-65. Getting to the free throw line was one of Toledo’s largest advantages. They had 36 free throw attempts, while Detroit had 21.
Toledo Rockets at Detroit Titans Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Toledo, ATS Winner – Detroit, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Rockets average 22.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 132nd in the NCAA. The Titans rank 174th in three pointers allowed per game (21.7).
- Toledo averages 3.0 blocks per game, which ranks 184th in the nation. Detroit ranks 207th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Toledo ranks 38th in assists per game (15.8) while Detroit ranks 281st in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- The Titans rank 72nd in steals per game (7.1) while the Rockets rank 298th (3.9).
- Toledo ranks 102nd in rebounds per game (37.1) while Detroit ranks 290th in rebounds allowed per game (38.6).