The Central Michigan Chippewas (12-4, 1-2 MAC) can extend a nine-game home winning streak when they square off with the Toledo Rockets (10-6, 2-1 MAC) at McGuirk Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018.
Toledo Rockets vs. Central Michigan Chippewas ATS Preview
In the Rockets last game, they had no trouble getting past the Western Michigan Broncos, 84-61. Tre’Shaun Fletcher led Toledo in scoring with 21 points on 8-for-12 shooting. The Rockets knocked down 17 of their 23 free throws (73.9 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.713 (above their season average of 0.547).
The Chippewas are hoping for a better outcome after their 79-74 loss to the Eastern Michigan Eagles in their last game. Cecil Williams led Central Michigan in scoring with 23 points on 7-for-12 shooting. Eastern Michigan had an effective field goal percentage of 0.595 (above their season average of 0.525). Central Michigan, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (25-27; 92.6 percent).
The productive offense of Central Michigan will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Toledo. The Chippewas rank 63rd in offensive efficiency, while the Rockets are 273rd in defensive efficiency. The Chippewas figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
Jaelan Sanford has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Toledo, averaging 18.8 points and 1.6 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after splitting two games last season. The Rockets won the most recent game 87-66. The Rockets dominated every facet of the game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 27.0 and a turnover percentage of 13.2. The Chippewas had marks of 5.7 and 19.6, respectively, for those same stats.
Toledo Rockets at Central Michigan Chippewas Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Central Michigan, ATS Winner – Central Michigan, O/U – Under
- Toledo ranks 83rd in three pointers attempted per game (24.2) while Central Michigan ranks 230th in three pointers allowed per game (25.3).
- The Chippewas rank 81st in rebounds per game (37.9) while the Rockets rank 144th in rebounds allowed per game (35.4).
- Central Michigan ranks 68th in blocks per game (4.1) while Toledo ranks 78th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- The Chippewas average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.0, down from 11.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rockets have scored an average of 81.4 points per game (2.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (3.3 below their season average).