The Buffalo Bulls (25-8, 17-3 MAC) and the Toledo Rockets (23-10, 15-5 MAC) clash in the Mid-American Conference Tourney at Quicken Loans Arena. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 10, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Toledo Rockets vs. Buffalo Bulls ATS Preview
The last time the Rockets played, they barely escaped the Eastern Michigan Eagles, 64-63. Marreon Jackson was the top scorer from either team with 26 points on 9-for-14 shooting. Toledo dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.066 (below their season average of 0.280) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.5 (above their season average of 27.4). For those same stats, Eastern Michigan was 0.030 and 33.3, respectively.
The Bulls come in on a high note after defeating the Kent State Golden Flashes in their last contest, 78-61. Buffalo rallied around Jeremy Harris, who was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 8-for-13 shooting. The Bulls had a superb turnover percentage of 9.7 (better than their season average of 14.8) and held the Golden Flashes to an effective field goal percentage of 0.398 (below their season average of 0.490).
Buffalo could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense faces off against one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. The Bulls rank 26th in offensive efficiency, while Toledo ranks 258th in defensive efficiency.
Harris has really been playing well over the last five games for Buffalo, averaging 18.6 points and 6.8 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Bulls won 104-94. The Bulls 7.1 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Rockets, who had a mark of 17.7. CJ Massinburg was the games top overall scorer with 27 points.
Toledo Rockets vs. Buffalo Bulls ATS Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Buffalo, ATS Winner – Buffalo, O/U – Under
- The Bulls average 26.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 31st in the nation. The Rockets rank 113th in three pointers allowed per game (20.7).
- Buffalo is 12th in the nation with 17.2 assists per game while Toledo is 40th with 15.8 assists per game.
- Buffalo ranks 122nd in steals per game (6.3) while Toledo ranks 255th (3.7).
- The Rockets rank 87th in rebounds per game (36.9) while the Bulls rank 218th in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- Toledo ranks 67th in blocks per game (4.0) while Buffalo ranks 166th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- The Bulls average margin of victory in their last five games has been 20.0, up from 8.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rockets have scored an average of 78.0 points per game (1.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.2 points per game (5.2 below their season average).