The No. 1 Villanova Wildcats (33-4) will be 6.5-point favorites in the Elite Eight at TD Garden when they meet the No. 3 Texas Tech Red Raiders (27-9). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 144.5 points and it is scheduled to start at 2:20 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 25, 2018.
Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Villanova Wildcats ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Wildcats defeated the No. 5 West Virginia Mountaineers 90-78, while the Red Raiders beat the No. 2 Purdue Boilermakers 78-65.
Texas Tech dominated every stat category in the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.288 (above their season average of 0.277) and a turnover percentage of 14.1 (better than their season average of 15.8). For those same stats, Purdue recorded marks of 0.103 and 21.9, respectively. Villanova, meanwhile, made good use of their 27 trips to the free throw line, making 23 of them (85.2 percent). West Virginia was 17-23 (73.9 percent). Omari Spellman played a pivotal role for Villanova with 18 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Texas Tech rallied around Zhaire Smith, who contributed 13 points and five rebounds.
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the high-octane offense of Villanova (first in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 124.1) takes on the top-notch defense of Texas Tech (10th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 94.5). Furthermore, the Red Raiders, who rank 52nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.278), will face a difficult test against the Wildcats, who rank 45th in opponents FTA rate (0.197).
Vegas has been spot on when setting the O/U total of Red Raiders games, with an even split between overs and unders. Texas Tech heads into the contest with records of 27-9 straight up (SU) and 15-16-1 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Wildcats 36 games with betting action, 24 have finished over the total. Moreover, Villanova is 33-4 SU and 25-12 ATS.
Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Villanova Wildcats Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Villanova, ATS Winner – Villanova, O/U – Over
- Villanova ranks seventh in three pointers attempted per game (28.8) while Texas Tech ranks 258th (18.9).
- The Wildcats rank 13th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Red Raiders rank 120th (6.0).
- Texas Tech ranks 34th in rebounds allowed per game (31.9) while Villanova ranks 66th (32.8).
- The Red Raiders rank 14th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while the Wildcats rank 187th (13.8).
- Villanova ranks 71st in blocks per game (4.1) while Texas Tech ranks 182nd in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 84.2 points per game (2.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.2 points per game (4.3 below their season average).
- The Red Raiders average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.4, down from 10.4 for the season.