SBC foes will clash when the UT Arlington Mavericks (15-10, 6-6 SBC) clash with the Texas State Bobcats (14-11, 7-5 SBC) at College Park Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 5:15 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Texas State Bobcats at UT Arlington Mavericks ATS Preview
The last time the Bobcats played, they lost a close one to the Appalachian State Mountaineers, 59-56. With 14 points on 4-for-15 shooting, Nijal Pearson led Texas State in scoring. Appalachian State held the Bobcats to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 34.2). Texas State, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (13-17; 76.5 percent).
The Mavericks will look to keep it rolling after topping the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers in their last outing, 87-80. UT Arlington received a boost from Johnny Hamilton, who put up 20 points and 13 rebounds. UT Arlington dominated every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.0 (better than their season average of 18.3) and a free throw rate of 0.373 (above their season average of 0.222). For those same stats, Coastal Carolina had marks of 19.0 and 0.283, respectively.
Baskets could be hard to come by as two of the nations top defenses face off. UT Arlington ranks 58th in defensive efficiency (97.8) and Texas State is 20th (95.6).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Bobcats won two out of three meetings played against each other last season. In the last contest, Texas State won 83-62. The Bobcats played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.469 and a great turnover percentage of 8.8. The Mavericks were 0.179 and 16.3, respectively, for those same stats.
Texas State Bobcats vs. UT Arlington Mavericks Odds Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UT Arlington, ATS Winner – UT Arlington, O/U – Under
- The Mavericks rank 34th in assists per game (16.3) while the Bobcats rank 156th (13.5).
- UT Arlington ranks 38th in steals per game (7.5) while Texas State ranks 135th (6.0).
- Texas State ranks 106th in three pointers allowed per game (20.8) while UT Arlington ranks 284th (26.7).
- The Bobcats rank 19th in rebounds allowed per game (30.8) while the Mavericks rank 185th (35.8).
- UT Arlington ranks 23rd in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Texas State ranks 163rd (4.1).
- The Mavericks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 5.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 55.4 points per game (10.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.0 points per game (0.4 below their season average).