The Abilene Christian Wildcats (6-3) will be at home in Moody Coliseum when they meet the Texas State Bobcats (5-4). Tip-off is scheduled for 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Texas State Bobcats at Abilene Christian Wildcats Betting Preview
The last time the Bobcats played, they dismantled the McMurry War Hawks, 100-50. Shelby Adams was the top scorer from either team with 17 points on 5-for-7 shooting. Texas State dominated every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.9 (better than their season average of 20.6) and a free throw rate of 0.277 (matching their season average). McMurry recorded marks of 41.2 and 0.130, respectively, for those same stats.
The Wildcats will look to maintain momentum after defeating the Air Force Falcons in their last contest, 62-58. With 14 points on 5-for-9 shooting, Tevin Foster was the games high scorer. The Wildcats forced 20 turnovers, while the Falcons had a free throw rate of 0.098 (below their season average of 0.283).
It will be a matchup of conflicting paces as the up-tempo Wildcats will look to push the more methodical Bobcats. Since the 2016-17 season, the Wildcats rank 73rd in possessions per game while the Bobcats are 340th.
Texas State Bobcats at Abilene Christian Wildcats Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Abilene Christian, ATS Winner – Abilene Christian, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats rank 23rd in assists per game (14.7) while the Bobcats rank 111th (14.4).
- Texas State ranks 36th in rebounds allowed per game (32.2) while Abilene Christian ranks 86th (34.7).
- Texas State ranks 28th in three pointers allowed per game (18.5) while Abilene Christian ranks 244th (20.8).
- The Wildcats rank ninth in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Bobcats rank 175th (3.7).
- Abilene Christian ranks 13th in steals per game (7.6) while Texas State ranks 122nd (6.5).