The Colorado State Rams (4-4) will be at home in Moby Arena when they square off with the Texas State Bobcats (5-5). Colorado State is a 5.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 135 points. Action gets underway at 5 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 17, 2017.
Texas State Bobcats vs. Colorado State Rams Betting Preview
In the Bobcats last matchup, they lost to the Abilene Christian Wildcats, 72-68. Immanuel King had a solid game for Texas State, leading the team in scoring with 15 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Abilene Christian had a turnover percentage of 12.1 (better than their season average of 16.1). Texas State, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (30.3 vs. 27.8).
The Rams are trying to rebound after their 95-65 loss to the Oregon Ducks in their last game. Prentiss Nixon was the games high scorer with 25 points on 7-for-16 shooting. Oregon held the Rams to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.1 (below their season average of 35.3). Colorado State, meanwhile, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (19-27; 70.4 percent).
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Colorado State ranks 290th in possessions per game (67.7) and Texas State is 317th (64.9) dating back to last season.
Of Texas State’s 4 games with betting action, two have finished over the projected point total, while 4 of Colorado State’s 7 games have finished over the projected point total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (5-5 for Texas State; 4-4 for Colorado State), but the Rams have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Colorado State is 1-6 ATS, while the Bobcats are 1-3.
Texas State Bobcats vs. Colorado State Rams Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Texas State, ATS Winner – Texas State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Rams rank 107th in blocks per game (3.4) while the Bobcats rank 143rd in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Colorado State averages 6.0 steals per game, which ranks 134th in the nation. Texas State ranks 144th in steals allowed per game (5.8).
- Texas State ranks 32nd in three pointers allowed per game (18.7) while Colorado State ranks 223rd (24.4).
- The Bobcats rank second in rebounds allowed per game (32.2) while the Rams rank 145th (35.3).
- Texas State ranks 147th in assists per game (14.4) while Colorado State ranks 242nd (10.9).