The North Carolina Central Eagles (19-15) will be in the First Four at University of Dayton Arena when they clash with the Texas Southern Tigers (15-19). The game gets underway at 6:40 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 14, 2018.
Texas Southern Tigers vs. North Carolina Central Eagles Betting Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Eagles defeated the Hampton Pirates 71-63, while the Tigers beat the UAPB Golden Lions 84-69.
The Tigers made 22 of their 26 free throws (84.6 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.705 (above their season average of 0.504). The Eagles, meanwhile, knocked down 14 of their 18 free throws (77.8 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.5 (above their season average of 33.7). Pablo Rivas put together a good game for North Carolina Central with 22 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Texas Southern was lifted by Trayvon Reed, who recorded 17 points and 10 rebounds.
The offensive glass should be a major edge for North Carolina Central in this battle. The Eagles rank 40th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.7 percent), while Texas Southern ranks 314th in defensive rebounding percentage (67.8 percent).
Derrick Bruce has been playing at a high level as of late for Texas Southern, averaging 18.0 points, 6.2 rebounds and 2.0 steals over the last five games.
Texas Southern Tigers vs. North Carolina Central Eagles ATS Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Texas Southern, ATS Winner – Texas Southern, O/U – Under
- North Carolina Central averages 15.7 assists per game, which ranks 46th in the nation. Texas Southern ranks 262nd in assists allowed per game (15.9).
- The Eagles average 3.4 blocks per game, which ranks 123rd in the NCAA. The Tigers rank 185th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- North Carolina Central ranks 28th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Texas Southern ranks 40th (5.3).
- The Eagles rank 57th in rebounds per game (38.0) while the Tigers rank 268th in rebounds allowed per game (38.1).
- Texas Southern ranks 158th in three pointers attempted per game (21.5) while North Carolina Central ranks 256th (18.4).
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (5.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 59.2 points per game (10.2 below their season average).
- The Tigers have outscored opponents by an average of 10.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Texas Southern has been defeated by an average of 2.1 points.