The Texas Southern Tigers (0-6) are off to a slow start and will try to get their first win when they clash against the Oakland Golden Grizzlies (3-3) at Athletics Center Orena. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 30, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Texas Southern Tigers vs. Oakland Golden Grizzlies Odds Preview
In the Tigers last matchup, they were beaten by the Clemson Tigers, 84-77. With 22 points on 7-for-18 shooting, Demontrae Jefferson was Texas Southern’s leading scorer. Clemson had an effective field goal percentage of 0.684 (above their season average of 0.546). Texas Southern, on the other hand, forced Clemson into a turnover percentage of 24.2 (above their season average of 16.0).
The Golden Grizzlies hope to maintain momentum after beating the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles in their last game, 93-86. With 32 points on 12-for-20 shooting, Martez Walker led Oakland in scoring. Oakland dominated every facet of the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.250 (above their season average of 0.190) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.7 (above their season average of 24.9). Oral Roberts put up marks of 0.139 and 26.2, respectively, for those same stats.
Oakland could dominate on defense as they square off against one of the worst offenses in the NCAA. The Golden Grizzlies rank 33rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.467), while Texas Southern is 306th in effective field goal percentage (0.480) since last season. Also, the Tigers, who rank 15th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.308), will battle against the Golden Grizzlies, who rank 37th in opponents FTA rate (0.198).
Texas Southern Tigers vs. Oakland Golden Grizzlies Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Texas Southern, ATS Winner – Texas Southern, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Grizzlies rank 29th in blocks per game (4.9) while the Tigers rank 161st (3.1).
- Texas Southern ranks 47th in three pointers allowed per game (19.0) while Oakland ranks 84th (19.9).
- Oakland averages 38.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 34th in the NCAA. Texas Southern ranks 302nd in rebounds allowed per game (38.7).
- The Golden Grizzlies rank 14th in assists per game (16.8) while the Tigers rank 265th (11.8).
- Texas Southern ranks 50th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Oakland ranks 204th (6.7).