The Texas State Bobcats (0-2) will be at home in Strahan Coliseum when they take on the Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (2-1). Tip-off is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros vs. Texas State Bobcats ATS Preview
The last time the Vaqueros played, they beat the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders, 82-75. Nick Dixon was the games leading scorer with 39 points on 8-for-15 shooting. The Vaqueros had a much better free throw rate (0.615 vs. 0.451) and had a better turnover percentage (20.7 vs. 23.5).
The Bobcats are hoping for a better outcome after their 79-78 loss to the UTSA Roadrunners in their last contest. Tyler Blount was the games high scorer with 22 points on 7-for-12 shooting. UTSA had a better effective field goal percentage (0.549 vs. 0.484). Texas State, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.9 vs. 23.5).
Texas State could have their way on defense as they square off against one of the nations worst offenses. Dating back to last season, the Bobcats rank 46th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.471), while Texas-Rio Grande Valley is 251st in effective field goal percentage (0.491). Opposite paces will be on display in this showdown. The fast-paced Vaqueros rank third in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Bobcats rank 340th.
The Vaqueros won the only game against the Bobcats last season, 72-61. Texas-Rio Grande Valley made 13 of its 27 three pointers (48.1 percent). Texas State, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.4 vs. 19.4).
Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros at Texas State Bobcats ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Texas State, ATS Winner – Texas State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bobcats rank 72nd in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Vaqueros rank 239th (7.1).
- Texas-Rio Grande Valley ranks 44th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Texas State ranks 191st (3.7).
- Texas State ranks 13th in assists allowed per game (10.4) while Texas-Rio Grande Valley ranks 288th (16.3).
- The Vaqueros rank 20th in three pointers attempted per game (25.9) while the Bobcats rank 278th (18.3).
- Texas State ranks 68th in rebounds allowed per game (33.2) while Texas-Rio Grande Valley ranks 308th (40.0).