The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (1-1) will be at home in McCamish Pavilion when they meet the Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (3-2). Action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Free Preview
The Vaqueros beat the North Texas Mean Green in their last contest, 75-63. Nick Dixon was the games leading scorer with 27 points on 8-for-18 shooting. The Vaqueros held the Mean Green to an effective field goal percentage of 0.350 (below their season average of 0.555) and had a free throw rate of 0.444 (above their season average of 0.351).
In the Yellow Jackets last game, they defeated the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats, 65-62. Georgia Tech rallied around Ben Lammers, who led the team in scoring with 19 points on 8-for-12 shooting. The Yellow Jackets had a much better free throw rate (0.471 vs. 0.182) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (45.7 vs. 36.8).
Georgia Tech could dominate on the defensive side of the ball as they go head-to-head against one of the worst offenses in the nation. Since the 2016-17 season, the Yellow Jackets rank 22nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.459), while Texas-Rio Grande Valley is 258th in effective field goal percentage (0.489).
Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Texas-Rio Grande Valley, ATS Winner – Texas-Rio Grande Valley, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Vaqueros average 8.0 steals per game, which ranks 23rd in the nation. The Yellow Jackets rank 225th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Georgia Tech averages 36.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 166th in the NCAA. Texas-Rio Grande Valley ranks 307th in rebounds allowed per game (40.1).
- Texas-Rio Grande Valley ranks 27th in three pointers attempted per game (25.4) while Georgia Tech ranks 328th (13.9).
- The Yellow Jackets average 15.3 assists per game, which ranks 63rd in the NCAA. The Vaqueros rank 301st in assists allowed per game (15.9).
- Georgia Tech ranks third in blocks per game (6.1) while Texas-Rio Grande Valley ranks 211th (2.8).