The No. 17 Gonzaga Bulldogs (4-1) and the Texas Longhorns (4-1) go head-to-head in the Phil Knight Invitational – Motion at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter. Gonzaga opened as a 1-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 142 points. Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017.
Texas Longhorns vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs Betting Preview
In the Longhorns last outing, they fell to the No. 1 Duke Blue Devils, 85-78. With 19 points on 9-for-20 shooting, Dylan Osetkowski led Texas in scoring. Duke had a free throw rate of 0.328 (above their season average of 0.239). Texas, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (12.2 vs. 13.6).
The Bulldogs are hoping for a better outcome after their 111-105 loss to the No. 7 Florida Gators in their last contest. Johnathan Williams III was the games leading scorer with 39 points on 16-for-22 shooting. Florida did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (28-35; 80.0 percent). Gonzaga, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (32.6 vs. 31.7).
This battle pits one of the nations top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Gonzaga ranks 10th in effective field goal percentage (0.569) and Texas is 41st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.470) since last season. Additionally, the Longhorns rank 260th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.227), while the Bulldogs rank 21st in opponents FTA rate (0.187).
Of Texas 2 games that accepted bets, one have finished over the projected point total, while 2 of Gonzagas 3 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have very similar records straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS). The Longhorns are 4-1 SU and 1-1 ATS, while the Bulldogs are 4-1 SU and 1-2 ATS.
Texas Longhorns vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Gonzaga, ATS Winner – Gonzaga, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs average 4.6 blocks per game, which ranks 48th in the NCAA. The Longhorns rank 77th in blocks allowed per game (3.0).
- Gonzaga ranks 213th in three pointers attempted per game (20.1) while Texas ranks 234th (19.4).
- Gonzaga ranks 49th in assists per game (15.5) while Texas ranks 273rd (11.6).
- The Bulldogs rank fourth in rebounds per game (41.2) while the Longhorns rank 206th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- Gonzaga ranks 45th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Texas ranks 153rd (6.2).