The Baylor Bears (10-4, 0-2 Big 12) welcome the Texas Longhorns (10-4, 1-1 Big 12) in a matchup that pits great offense against tremendous defense. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Texas Longhorns vs. Baylor Bears ATS Preview
In the Longhorns last game, they beat the Iowa State Cyclones, 74-70. Dylan Osetkowski was the games leading scorer with 25 points on 8-for-21 shooting. The Longhorns had a better free throw rate (0.172 vs. 0.092) and held the Cyclones to an effective field goal percentage of 0.414 (below their season average of 0.515).
The Bears are trying to rebound after their 81-78 loss to the No. 16 TCU Horned Frogs in their last outing. Jo Lual-Acuil Jr. was the top scorer from either team with 28 points on 12-for-20 shooting. TCU held the Bears to an effective field goal percentage of 0.436 (below their season average of 0.576). Baylor, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.2 (above their season average of 34.3).
This showdown pits one of the nations top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Baylor currently ranks 31st in offensive efficiency and Texas ranks 17th in defensive efficiency.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Bears won both matchups last season. In the most recent game, Baylor won 75-64. The Bears played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.200 and a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 55.9. For those same stats, the Longhorns were 0.094 and 34.2, respectively.
Texas Longhorns at Baylor Bears Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Baylor, ATS Winner – Baylor, O/U – Over
- The Longhorns average 6.3 blocks per game, which ranks 10th in the NCAA. The Bears rank 52nd in blocks allowed per game (2.9).
- Texas ranks 29th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Baylor ranks 35th (5.3).
- Baylor ranks 31st in assists per game (17.2) while Texas ranks 214th (12.0).
- The Bears rank 22nd in rebounds allowed per game (31.0) while the Longhorns rank 198th (37.4).
- Texas averages 22.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 138th in the NCAA. Baylor ranks 183rd in three pointers allowed per game (23.6).
- The Bears average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.2, down from 12.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Longhorns have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.6 points per game (0.2 above their season average).