The Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders (3-6) will attempt to put an end to a five-game road losing streak when they challenge the Ole Miss Rebels (5-5) at The Pavilion at Ole Miss. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders at Ole Miss Rebels ATS Preview
In the Islanders last contest, they were victorious over the St. Mary’s (TX) Rattlers, 71-55. With 11 points and seven rebounds, Joe Kilgore put together a solid game for Texas A&M-Corpus Christi. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi dominated every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 17.3 (better than their season average of 20.2) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 31.0). St. Mary’s (TX) had marks of 24.0 and 18.9, respectively, for those same stats.
The Rebels are trying to rebound after their 101-97 loss to the Illinois State Redbirds in their last outing. Bruce Stevens was the top scorer from either team with 27 points on 7-for-9 shooting. Illinois State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.5 (above their season average of 19.9). Ole Miss, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 9.2 (better than their season average of 14.3).
Ball protection could play a significant role in this showdown. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Ole Miss has committed the 24th-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 18.8 percent), while the pesky defense of Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has forced the 32nd-most (opponents turnover percentage of 23.7 percent).
Ole Miss is 5-5 SU and 1-8 ATS. Of the Rebels nine games with betting action, four have finished under, four have finished over and one has pushed.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders at Ole Miss Rebels ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Ole Miss, ATS Winner – Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Rebels rank 34th in blocks per game (4.4) while the Islanders rank 91st (3.6).
- Ole Miss ranks 77th in rebounds per game (39.2) while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 118th in rebounds allowed per game (34.4).
- Ole Miss ranks 51st in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 255th (15.8).
- The Rebels rank 29th in assists per game (13.9) while the Islanders rank 165th (13.0).
- Ole Miss ranks 42nd in steals allowed per game (6.5) while Texas A&M-Corpus Christi ranks 152nd (7.3).