The No. 7 Texas A&M Aggies (21-12) take on the No. 2 North Carolina Tar Heels (26-10) in the Second Round of the NCAA Tournament at Spectrum Center. The game begins at 5:15 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 18, 2018.
Texas A&M Aggies vs. North Carolina Tar Heels ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Tar Heels had no trouble getting past the No. 15 Lipscomb Bisons 84-66, while the Aggies were victorious over the No. 10 Providence Friars 73-69.
Texas A&M played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.4 (below their season average of 34.4) and a free throw rate of 0.288 (above their season average of 0.214). Providence recorded marks of 13.2 and 0.145, respectively, for those same stats. The Tar Heels, meanwhile, held the Bisons to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.0 (below their season average of 28.7) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.592 (above their season average of 0.523). North Carolina received a boost from Theo Pinson, who contributed 15 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists. Tyler Davis, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Texas A&M with 14 points and 15 rebounds.
Points at the line might be rare for North Carolina in this meeting. The Tar Heels currently rank 276th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.212, while Texas A&M ranks 45th in FTA rate allowed (0.196). Furthermore, the Aggies rank 25th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.4 percent), while the Tar Heels rank 57th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.4 percent).
Texas A&M Aggies vs. North Carolina Tar Heels Betting Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Texas A&M, ATS Winner – Texas A&M, O/U – Under
- Texas A&M ranks fifth in blocks per game (6.0) while North Carolina ranks 223rd in blocks allowed per game (4.7).
- The Tar Heels rank 125th in three pointers attempted per game (22.7) while the Aggies rank 226th (20.0).
- The Tar Heels rank fourth in assists per game (18.3) while the Aggies rank 219th in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- North Carolina ranks first in rebounds per game (42.6) while Texas A&M ranks 173rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.1).
- During their last five games, the Tar Heels have scored an average of 76.2 points per game (5.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.0 points per game (6.9 below their season average).
- The Aggies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 5.2 for the season.