The No. 8 Auburn Tigers (21-2, 9-1 SEC) will try to prolong their five-game winning streak against the Texas A&M Aggies (15-8, 4-6 SEC) at Auburn Arena. Auburn opened as a 6.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 150 points. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 7, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Texas A&M Aggies vs. Auburn Tigers Betting Preview
The Aggies dismantled the South Carolina Gamecocks in their last matchup, 83-60. With 11 points, nine rebounds and five blocks, Robert Williams played well for Texas A&M. The Aggies had a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.591 (above their season average of 0.511) and had a free throw rate of 0.327 (above their season average of 0.201).
The last time the Tigers played, they beat the Vanderbilt Commodores, 93-81. Auburn’s Jared Harper played a key role with 14 points and 14 assists. The Tigers forced 16 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.711 (above their season average of 0.528).
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the productive offense of Auburn (14th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 117.5) takes on the stingy defense of Texas A&M (45th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 97.0).
The Aggies Tyler Davis (15.2 points, 12.0 rebounds and 1.2 blocks) and Williams (14.6 points, 9.8 rebounds and 2.4 blocks) have been playing at a high level over their last five games. Meanwhile, the Tigers have gotten solid contributions from Bryce Brown (18.8 points and 1.2 steals) and Harper (13.6 points, 5.8 assists and 1.4 steals).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Aggies won the sole contest played against each other last season, 81-62. Texas A&M’s free throw rate was their largest advantage over Auburn. The Aggies had a rate of 0.222, while the Tigers posted a mark of 0.075.
Texas A&M Aggies vs. Auburn Tigers Betting Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Auburn, ATS Winner – Auburn, O/U – Under
- The Tigers rank 71st in assists per game (15.3) while the Aggies rank 182nd in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- Auburn ranks 40th in steals per game (7.6) while Texas A&M ranks 145th (5.9).
- Auburn averages 26.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 35th in the NCAA. Texas A&M ranks 237th in three pointers allowed per game (24.2).
- The Tigers average 6.0 blocks per game, which ranks eighth in the nation. The Aggies rank 165th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- Texas A&M averages 42.2 rebounds per game, which ranks third in the nation. Auburn ranks 132nd in rebounds allowed per game (34.3).
- The Tigers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.6, up from 13.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Aggies have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (4.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.2 points per game (1.3 below their season average).