A five-game home winning streak is on the line for the Arkansas Razorbacks (18-8, 7-6 SEC) when they clash with the No. 21 Texas A&M Aggies (17-9, 6-7 SEC) at Bud Walton Arena. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 17, 2018.
Texas A&M Aggies vs. Arkansas Razorbacks ATS Preview
In the Aggies last game, they were beaten by the Missouri Tigers, 62-58. Admon Gilder put together a solid game for Texas A&M, contributing 14 points and seven rebounds. Missouri had a much better free throw rate (0.214 vs. 0.081). Texas A&M, on the other hand, held the Tigers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.2 (below their season average of 33.4).
The Razorbacks come in on a high note after beating the Ole Miss Rebels in their last matchup, 75-64. Darious Hall had a good outing for Arkansas, putting up 14 points and 11 rebounds. The Razorbacks held the Rebels to an effective field goal percentage of 0.355 (below their season average of 0.498) and had a turnover percentage of 9.8 (better than their season average of 13.7).
This showdown pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Arkansas ranks 39th in offensive efficiency and Texas A&M ranks 51st in defensive efficiency. Also, the Aggies are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive backboards, ranking 24th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.9 percent). The Razorbacks, meanwhile, rank 266th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.4 percent).
These teams have already met once this season. The Aggies won 80-66. The Aggies played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 42.1 and a free throw rate of 0.237. The Razorbacks put up marks of 21.6 and 0.131, respectively, for those same stats. Despite the loss, Daryl Macon was the games leading scorer with 20 points.
Texas A&M Aggies at Arkansas Razorbacks Free Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Arkansas, ATS Winner – Arkansas, O/U – Over
- The Aggies rank 33rd in assists per game (16.4) while the Razorbacks rank 145th in assists allowed per game (13.6).
- Texas A&M averages 20.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 196th in the NCAA. Arkansas ranks 232nd in three pointers allowed per game (24.1).
- Texas A&M averages 41.9 rebounds per game, which ranks third in the NCAA. Arkansas ranks 200th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- The Razorbacks rank 31st in blocks per game (4.7) while the Aggies rank 172nd in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- Arkansas ranks 14th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while Texas A&M ranks 142nd (6.5).
- The Razorbacks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.6, down from 7.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Aggies have scored an average of 77.4 points per game (2.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (0.4 above their season average).