The Wake Forest Demon Deacons (7-4) welcome the No. 21 Tennessee Volunteers (8-2) to Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum. The Demon Deacons look to extend their six-game winning streak. Action starts at 12:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 23, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Tennessee Volunteers vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons ATS Preview
The last time the Volunteers played, they were victorious over the Furman Paladins, 66-61. With 12 points and 13 rebounds, Tennessee’s Admiral Schofield had a good game. Tennessee played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 39.5 (above their season average of 36.6) and a free throw rate of 0.242 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Furman was 18.9 and 0.138, respectively.
The Demon Deacons come in on a high note after defeating the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers in their last contest, 84-80. With 22 points on 7-for-13 shooting, Bryant Crawford was the top scorer from either team. The Demon Deacons made 21 of their 25 free throws (84.0 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.8 (above their season average of 32.6).
This matchup pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Wake Forest currently ranks 33rd in offensive efficiency and Tennessee ranks 56th in defensive efficiency. Additionally, the Volunteers, who rank 18th in offensive rebounding percentage (37.0 percent), will go head-to-head against the Demon Deacons, who rank 283rd in defensive rebounding percentage (68.1 percent).
Tennessee Volunteers at Wake Forest Demon Deacons ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Tennessee, ATS Winner – Tennessee, O/U – Under
- The Volunteers average 7.3 steals per game, which ranks 66th in the nation. The Demon Deacons rank 83rd in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- Tennessee ranks 66th in three pointers allowed per game (20.0) while Wake Forest ranks 231st (25.5).
- The Volunteers average 18.1 assists per game, which ranks 16th in the nation. The Demon Deacons rank 164th in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- Tennessee ranks 17th in blocks per game (6.0) while Wake Forest ranks 94th (3.7).
- The Demon Deacons average margin of victory in their last five games has been 18.4, up from 8.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Volunteers have scored an average of 76.2 points per game (1.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (1.6 above their season average).