The Alabama Crimson Tide (15-9, 6-5 SEC) will attempt to put an end to the six-game winning streak of Tennessee when they welcome the No. 15 Volunteers (18-5, 8-3 SEC) to Coleman Coliseum. Tip-off is scheduled for 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Tennessee Volunteers at Alabama Crimson Tide Betting Preview
In the Volunteers last game, they edged the No. 24 Kentucky Wildcats, 61-59. With 13 points and eight rebounds, Jordan Bowden put together a good performance for Tennessee. Tennessee dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 18.3 (worse than their season average of 15.5) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.8 (below their season average of 34.3). Kentucky was 21.1 and 22.6, respectively, for those same stats.
The Crimson Tide are hoping for a better outcome after their 67-63 loss to the Mississippi State Bulldogs in their last contest. Collin Sexton led Alabama in scoring with 18 points on 5-for-16 shooting. Mississippi State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 25.7). Alabama, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (24-30; 80.0 percent).
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Alabama. Alabama ranks 273rd in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.3 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Tennessee forces the 45th-most turnovers in the nation (21.9 percent). ,
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Volunteers won the only game played against each other last season, 59-54. The Volunteers played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 35.7 and a solid turnover percentage of 9.4. For those same stats, the Crimson Tide put up marks of 16.7 and 19.8, respectively.
Tennessee Volunteers at Alabama Crimson Tide Betting Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Tennessee, ATS Winner – Tennessee, O/U – Under
- The Volunteers average 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 69th in the NCAA. The Crimson Tide rank 129th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Tennessee ranks 183rd in three pointers attempted per game (21.1) while Alabama ranks 241st (19.1).
- Tennessee ranks 24th in assists per game (16.9) while Alabama ranks 193rd (12.6).
- The Volunteers average 36.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 104th in the NCAA. The Crimson Tide rank 182nd in rebounds allowed per game (35.7).
- Tennessee ranks 27th in blocks per game (5.0) while Alabama ranks 102nd in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- The Crimson Tide have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. For the season, Alabama has defeated opponents by an average of 4.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Volunteers have scored an average of 74.8 points per game (2.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 57.6 points per game (9.1 below their season average).