The Omaha Mavericks (0-4) and the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles (4-1) square off in the Emerald Coast Classic at The Arena at NW Florida St. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 172.5 points with Tennessee Tech opening as a 4-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017.
Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles vs. Omaha Mavericks Odds Preview
The Golden Eagles were victorious over the New Mexico Lobos in their last game, 104-96. Aleksa Jugovic was the top scorer from either team with 31 points on 11-for-12 shooting. Tennessee Tech played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.656 (above their season average of 0.585) and a free throw rate of 0.393 (above their season average of 0.158). New Mexico had marks of 0.522 and 0.348, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Mavericks played, they were topped by the TCU Horned Frogs, 99-66. With 11 points and eight assists, KJ Robinson played well for Omaha. Converting at the free throw line was one of TCU’s biggest advantages. They were 16-20 (80.0 percent), while the Mavericks were just 5-8 (62.5 percent).
The physical Omaha offense might be living from the charity stripe in this contest. The Mavericks rank 48th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.286, while Tennessee Tech ranks 268th in FTA rate allowed (0.271) dating back to the 2016-17 season.
Since last season, the Golden Eagles have had records of 16-21 straight up (SU) and 15-11 against the spread (ATS). Games featuring Tennessee Tech have gone under the O/U total 57.7 percent of the time since last season.
The Mavericks, meanwhile, have records of 18-18 SU and 19-14-2 ATS since last season. Vegas has been fairly accurate when setting the O/U total of Omaha games over that same period with 19 overs compared to 16 unders.
Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles vs. Omaha Mavericks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Omaha, ATS Winner – Omaha, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Eagles rank 57th in steals per game (7.2) while the Mavericks rank 222nd in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Tennessee Tech averages 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 98th in the nation. Omaha ranks 250th in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- Tennessee Tech averages 15.2 assists per game, which ranks 66th in the nation. Omaha ranks 303rd in assists allowed per game (15.9).
- The Golden Eagles rank 79th in three pointers attempted per game (23.2) while the Mavericks rank 297th in three pointers allowed per game (24.9).
- Tennessee Tech ranks 120th in rebounds per game (36.7) while Omaha ranks 300th in rebounds allowed per game (38.6).