The Memphis Tigers, 14-point favorites, welcome the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles to FedExForum to get their seasons underway. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 151.5 points and it can be seen on ESPN 3 at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles vs. Memphis Tigers Betting Odds
Neither team made the tournament last season. Memphis went 21-13 in the regular season while Tennessee Tech finished 19-14.
Last season, the Golden Eagles were 19-14 straight up (SU) and 14-10 against the spread (ATS). Games involving Tennessee Tech have a tendency to finish under the projected point total (62.5 percent).
The Tigers had an excellent 21-13 SU record last season, but struggled covering the spread (12-14-1 ATS). Contrary to Tennessee Tech, just over half of Memphis’ games finished over the O/U total.
This could end up being a sloppy game for the offense of Memphis. Last season, Memphis ranked 303rd in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.7 percent), while the disruptive defense of Tennessee Tech forced the 55th-most turnovers in the country (20.9 percent).
Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles vs. Memphis Tigers ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Memphis, ATS Winner – Tennessee Tech, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Tennessee Tech averages 7.6 steals per game, which ranks 26th in the nation. Memphis ranks 231st in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- The Tigers rank 96th in blocks per game (3.8) while the Golden Eagles rank 203rd in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Tennessee Tech ranks 186th in three pointers attempted per game (21.1) while Memphis ranks 265th (18.6).
- The Tigers rank 70th in rebounds allowed per game (32.9) while the Golden Eagles rank 243rd (36.6).
- Tennessee Tech averages 14.3 assists per game, which ranks 114th in the country. Memphis ranks 250th in assists allowed per game (14.8).