The Indiana Hoosiers (6-6) will be at home in Assembly Hall when they challenge the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles (8-4). Indiana is a 12-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 153.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 21, 2017.
Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles vs. Indiana Hoosiers Free Preview
In the Golden Eagles last game, they beat the Chattanooga Mocs, 82-76. With 13 points and seven rebounds, Tennessee Tech’s Kajon Mack played well. The Golden Eagles forced 19 turnovers and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.0 (above their season average of 29.7).
The Hoosiers are trying to rebound after their 92-72 loss to the Fort Wayne Mastodons in their last outing. With 14 points and 12 rebounds, Indiana’s Juwan Morgan had a good outing. Fort Wayne made 17 of their 30 three pointers (56.7 percent). Indiana, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.4 (above their season average of 33.2).
It will be a showdown of opposite tempos as the fast-paced Golden Eagles (ranked 43rd in the NCAA in possessions per game) will look to push the slower-paced Hoosiers (278th in possessions per game).
Of Tennessee Tech’s 8 games that accepted bets, four have finished over the O/U total, while 8 of Indiana’s 12 games have finished over the O/U total. The Golden Eagles hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (8-4 vs. 6-6), but the Hoosiers have been better against the spread (ATS) (4-6-2 vs. 2-5-1).
Morgan has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Indiana, averaging 20.8 points and 8.8 rebounds per game.
Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles vs. Indiana Hoosiers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Indiana, ATS Winner – Tennessee Tech, O/U – Under
- The Hoosiers rank 191st in three pointers allowed per game (23.8) while the Golden Eagles rank 248th (26.8).
- Tennessee Tech ranks 33rd in steals per game (8.3) while Indiana ranks 168th (5.3).
- The Golden Eagles average 17.9 assists per game, which ranks 19th in the NCAA. The Hoosiers rank 152nd in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- Indiana ranks 40th in blocks per game (4.9) while Tennessee Tech ranks 135th (2.9).
- The Hoosiers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.4, up from 0.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Eagles have scored an average of 70.6 points per game (10.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.6 points per game (0.8 above their season average).