The Dayton Flyers (3-4) will be at home in University of Dayton Arena when they clash against the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles (7-2). Dayton opened as a 9-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 143.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles vs. Dayton Flyers Odds Preview
The Golden Eagles lost to the Furman Paladins in their last matchup, 64-50. With 11 points on 3-for-5 shooting, Courtney Alexander II was Tennessee Tech’s high scorer. Furman’s effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Tennessee Tech. The Paladins had a rate of 0.422 (below their season average of 0.507), while the Golden Eagles posted a mark of 0.350 (below their season average of 0.591).
In the Flyers last game, they were beaten by the Mississippi State Bulldogs, 61-59. With 17 points and 10 rebounds, Darrell Davis put together a good performance for Dayton. Mississippi State forced the Flyers into a turnover percentage of 32.9 (above their season average of 16.1). Dayton, meanwhile, had a much better free throw rate (0.196 vs. 0.080).
Dayton appears to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Flyers rank 92nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.484), while Tennessee Tech is 214th in effective field goal percentage (0.504) since last season.
Both of these teams have typically finished under the projected point total. Tennessee Tech games have gone under 60.0 percent of the time, while 71.4 percent of games involving Dayton have finished under. The Golden Eagles hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (7-2 vs. 3-4), but the Flyers have been superior against the spread (ATS) (3-4 vs. 2-3).
Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles vs. Dayton Flyers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Dayton, ATS Winner – Dayton, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Flyers rank 166th in three pointers attempted per game (21.5) while the Golden Eagles rank 279th in three pointers allowed per game (24.0).
- Dayton ranks 102nd in blocks per game (3.8) while Tennessee Tech ranks 161st in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Dayton averages 15.4 assists per game, which ranks 55th in the NCAA. Tennessee Tech ranks 251st in assists allowed per game (14.6).
- The Golden Eagles rank 107th in rebounds per game (37.0) while the Flyers rank 239th (34.2).
- Dayton ranks ninth in steals allowed per game (4.6) while Tennessee Tech ranks 123rd (6.0).