The New Mexico Lobos (2-1) will be at home in WisePies Arena when they challenge the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles (3-1). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 149 points with New Mexico set as an 8.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 21, 2017.
Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles vs. New Mexico Lobos Free Preview
The last time the Golden Eagles played, they were victorious over the Kennesaw State Owls, 82-68. Curtis Phillips was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 7-for-18 shooting. Tennessee Tech played a nearly flawless game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.547 (below their season average of 0.597) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.7 (above their season average of 24.5). Kennesaw State recorded marks of 0.429 and 25.6, respectively, for those same stats.
The Lobos are hoping for a better outcome after their 75-56 loss to the New Mexico State Aggies in their last outing. Anthony Mathis was New Mexicos high scorer with 14 points on 4-for-5 shooting. New Mexico State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (61.0 vs. 26.5). New Mexico, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.442 vs. 0.422).
The aggressive New Mexico offense could be living from the charity stripe in this meeting. Since the 2016-17 season, the Lobos rank second in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.330, while Tennessee Tech ranks 257th in FTA rate allowed (0.269).
Since last season, the Golden Eagles have had records of 15-21 straight up (SU) and 14-11 against the spread (ATS). Vegas has had a tendency to place the total high when Tennessee Tech is involved since last season as 60.0 percent of their games have gone under the projected point total.
The Lobos are 19-15 SU since last season, but are just 12-18 ATS. Vegas has had a tendency to place the total high when New Mexico has been involved over that same time frame as 63.3 percent of their games have ended under the O/U total.
Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles vs. New Mexico Lobos ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – New Mexico, ATS Winner – Tennessee Tech, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lobos average 3.6 blocks per game, which ranks 124th in the nation. The Golden Eagles rank 154th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- New Mexico ranks 203rd in rebounds per game (35.0) while Tennessee Tech ranks 221st in rebounds allowed per game (36.6).
- Tennessee Tech ranks 80th in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while New Mexico ranks 313th (15.9).
- The Golden Eagles rank 63rd in steals per game (7.1) while the Lobos rank 268th in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- Tennessee Tech averages 15.0 assists per game, which ranks 74th in the NCAA. New Mexico ranks 220th in assists allowed per game (14.1).