OVC foes will collide when the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks (6-8, 0-1 OVC) square off against the Tennessee State Tigers (5-7, 0-1 OVC) at Show Me Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 137 points with Tennessee State set as a 1.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 31, 2017
Tennessee State Tigers at Southeast Missouri State Redhawks ATS Preview
The last time the Tigers played, they lost a tough one against the UT Martin Skyhawks, 63-60. Tennessee State’s Darreon Reddick finished with 11 points and seven assists in the contest. UT Martin did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (16-21; 76.2 percent). Tennessee State, meanwhile, held the Skyhawks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.373 (below their season average of 0.537)
The Redhawks are trying to rebound after their 94-72 loss to the Belmont Bruins in their last outing. With 19 points and eight rebounds, Denzel Mahoney played well for Southeast Missouri State. Belmont made 14 of their 28 three pointers (50.0 percent). Southeast Missouri State, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.254 vs. 0.133)
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Southeast Missouri State ranks 278th in possessions per game (68.3) and Tennessee State is 252nd (68.9).
Of Tennessee State’s 6 games that accepted bets, three have finished over the O/U total, while 5 of Southeast Missouri State’s 9 games have finished under the projected point total. Both teams have mediocre straight up (SU) records (5-7 for Tennessee State; 6-8 for Southeast Missouri State), but the Redhawks have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Southeast Missouri State is 5-4 ATS, while the Tigers are 2-4
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, the Redhawks won 78-75. The Redhawks 14.8 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Tigers, who had a rate of 28.3
Tennessee State Tigers at Southeast Missouri State Redhawks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Tennessee State, ATS Winner – Tennessee State, O/U – Under
- The Tigers rank 195th in rebounds per game (34.4) while the Redhawks rank 235th (32.9)
- On the road, Tennessee State is 1-3 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders
- Southeast Missouri State is 0-2 ATS at home with 1 over and 1 under
- Southeast Missouri State ranks 114th in three pointers allowed per game (21.7) while Tennessee State ranks 226th (25.3)
- The Redhawks rank 129th in assists per game (14.1) while the Tigers rank 237th (10.8)
- Southeast Missouri State is ninth in the NCAA with 4.3 steals allowed per game while Tennessee State is 49th with 5.4 steals allowed per game
- Southeast Missouri State is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Tennessee State is 1-2 ATS with 2 unders and 1 over
- The Redhawks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 14.4, up from 2.7 for the season
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 54.4 points per game (10.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.2 points per game (4.3 below their season average).