The Georgia Bulldogs (8-2) can prolong a six-game home winning streak when they take on the Temple Owls (7-3) at Stegeman Coliseum. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 141.5 points with Georgia set as a 3-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Temple Owls vs. Georgia Bulldogs Betting Preview
The Owls won a close one over the Drexel Dragons in their last matchup, 63-60. Shizz Alston Jr. was Temple’s leading scorer with 12 points on 4-for-12 shooting. The Owls knocked down 11 of their 13 free throws (84.6 percent) and had a better turnover percentage (14.5 vs. 18.4).
In the Bulldogs last matchup, they dismantled the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, 80-59. With 24 points on 9-for-13 shooting, Yante Maten was the top scorer from either team. Georgia played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.670 (above their season average of 0.501) and a free throw rate of 0.260 (below their season average of 0.314). Georgia Tech was 0.383 and 0.217, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams clash. Georgia ranks 290th in possessions per game (67.9) and Temple is 309th (67.2). Also, the Owls rank 27th in turnover percentage (16.2 percent), while the Bulldogs rank 336th in opponents turnover percentage (15.8 percent).
Games involving these teams tend to go over the projected point total. Temple games have gone over 60.0 percent of the time, while 57.1 percent of Georgia games have gone over. The Bulldogs have the better straight up (SU) record (8-2 vs. 7-3), but the Owls hold the clear advantage against the spread (ATS) (5-5 vs. 3-4).
Temple Owls vs. Georgia Bulldogs Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Temple, ATS Winner – Temple, O/U – Over
- The Bulldogs average 4.7 blocks per game, which ranks 51st in the NCAA. The Owls rank 100th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Temple ranks 40th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Georgia ranks 66th (5.8).
- Georgia ranks 41st in rebounds per game (39.8) while Temple ranks 212th (33.6).
- The Bulldogs rank 38th in assists allowed per game (11.2) while the Owls rank 150th (13.9).
- Temple ranks 173rd in three pointers attempted per game (21.2) while Georgia ranks 244th (18.1).
- The Bulldogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.0, down from 6.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Owls have scored an average of 67.4 points per game (5.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.2 points per game (0.5 above their season average).