The Clemson Tigers (4-0) and the Temple Owls (2-0) clash in the Charleston Classic at TD Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 146 points with Clemson opening as a 1-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 9:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Temple Owls vs. Clemson Tigers ATS Preview
In the Owls last game, they defeated the Auburn Tigers, 88-74. Obi Enechionyia was the games high scorer with 19 points on 6-for-12 shooting. The Owls had a much better free throw rate (0.295 vs. 0.160) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.574 vs. 0.413).
The Tigers will look to keep it rolling after blowing out the Hofstra Pride in their last contest, 78-59. Marcquise Reed played a key role for Clemson with 16 points, 11 rebounds and six assists. Clemson dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.156 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 8.0 (better than their season average of 16.2). Hofstra was 0.054 and 17.7, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the NCAAs slowest-paced teams battle. Clemson ranks 274th in possessions per game (67.6) and Temple is 251st (68.2) since last season. Furthermore, the Owls rank 326th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.199), while the Tigers rank 11th in opponents FTA rate (0.178).
Since last season, the Owls have had records of 18-16 straight up (SU) and 15-14-3 against the spread (ATS). Temple games have had a tendency to go over the projected point total since last season (68.8 percent).
On the other hand, the Tigers, have records of 21-15 SU and 16-18 ATS since last season. Over that same stretch, games including Clemson have finished over the projected point total 52.9 percent of the time.
Temple Owls vs. Clemson Tigers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Clemson, ATS Winner – Clemson, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tigers rank 26th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Owls rank 61st (5.4).
- Temple averages 14.5 assists per game, which ranks 98th in the nation. Clemson ranks 109th in assists allowed per game (12.6).
- Temple ranks 36th in three pointers attempted per game (25.1) while Clemson ranks 207th (20.2).
- The Tigers average 4.0 blocks per game, which ranks 80th in the NCAA. The Owls rank 233rd in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- Clemson ranks 130th in rebounds allowed per game (34.5) while Temple ranks 270th (38.0).