A high-scoring game should be expected when the No. 10 Kansas Jayhawks (18-5, 7-3 Big 12) and the TCU Horned Frogs (16-7, 4-6 Big 12) go head-to-head at Allen Fieldhouse. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 157.5 points with Kansas opening as a 7.5-point favorite. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 6, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
TCU Horned Frogs at Kansas Jayhawks Free Preview
In the Horned Frogs last contest, they were beaten by the No. 10 Texas Tech Red Raiders, 83-71. TCU’s Kenrich Williams had a good game, recording 12 points, 13 rebounds and five assists. Texas Tech forced the Horned Frogs into a turnover percentage of 21.6 (above their season average of 15.2). TCU, meanwhile, held the Red Raiders to an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.6 (below their season average of 33.9).
The Jayhawks are hoping for a better outcome after their 84-79 loss to the Oklahoma State Cowboys in their last outing. With 17 points and eight assists, Devonte Graham put together a solid game for Kansas. Oklahoma State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 47.1 (above their season average of 32.8). Kansas, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (15-20; 75.0 percent).
The prolific offense of Kansas (19th in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 116.7) will go head-to-head against the bottom-tier defense of TCU (254th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 106.2). The Jayhawks figure to have the edge on that side of the ball. Additionally, the Horned Frogs rank 29th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.9 percent), while the Jayhawks rank 282nd in defensive rebounding percentage (68.5 percent).
Of TCU’s 22 games that accepted bets, 15 have finished over the projected point total, while 12 of Kansas 22 games have finished under the projected point total. The Jayhawks have the better straight up (SU) record (18-5 vs. 16-7) and a slight edge against the spread (ATS) (12-10 vs. 11-11).
Malik Newman has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Kansas, averaging 16.2 points, 7.0 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 172 points, which was over the projected point total of 161.5. The Jayhawks won 88-84, covering as 2-point favorites. The Jayhawks dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.434 and an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.613. For those same stats, the Horned Frogs were 0.304 and 0.457, respectively. Graham was the game’s top overall scorer with 28 points.
TCU Horned Frogs vs. Kansas Jayhawks Free Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Kansas, ATS Winner – TCU, O/U – Over
- The Jayhawks average 4.4 blocks per game, which ranks 43rd in the nation. The Horned Frogs rank 165th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- Kansas ranks 77th in steals per game (6.9) while TCU ranks 95th in steals allowed per game (6.0).
- TCU is 5-4 ATS on the road with 6 overs and 3 unders.
- Kansas is 6-6 ATS at home with 8 overs and 4 unders.
- Kansas ranks 12th in assists per game (17.6) while TCU ranks 256th in assists allowed per game (16.1).
- The Horned Frogs rank eighth in rebounds allowed per game (30.0) while the Jayhawks rank 192nd (36.0).
- Kansas ranks 40th in three pointers attempted per game (25.7) while TCU ranks 203rd in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- Kansas is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, TCU is 2-3 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- The Jayhawks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.6, down from 12.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Horned Frogs have scored an average of 75.6 points per game (10.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.2 points per game (2.1 below their season average).